SiouxSports.com Forum

Skyline Sports — UND

Colter_Nuanez

Tootell & Tucker — Monday, October 26
Beginning on Monday, October 26, Colter Nuanez will join the Tootell & Tucker Show from ESPN 102.9 FM Missoula each Monday and Friday for a 30-minute segment breaking down the Big Sky Conference. In this episode, the trio discusses another thrilling week of conference play, including Portland State’s win over Cal Poly and Eastern Washington’s win over Northern Colorado, each which came on game-winning field goals.
http://skylinesportsmt.com/tootell-tucker-october-26/

BIG SKY POWER RANKINGS: Week of October 31
http://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-powe ... ctober-31/

Bobcats hope to carry momentum of ETSU win into the stretch run of season
http://skylinesportsmt.com/bobcats-hope-to-carry-momentum-from-etsu-win-into-stretch-run/

Ash, Bobcats not focused on recent road struggles with trip to UND coming up
http://skylinesportsmt.com/ash-bobcats-not-focused-on-recent-road-struggles-with-trip-to-und-upcoming/

Edited by Colter_Nuanez

Big Sky Breakdown — Big Sky coaches call, Week 9
http://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-brea ... ll-week-9/

Montana State — Beginning

Portland State — 14:41

Southern Utah — 23:07

Weber State — 32:15

Idaho State — 40:30

Montana — 45:36

Northern Colorado — 49:20

Northern Arizona — Jerome Souers did not call into the conference call.

North Dakota — 57:02

Sacramento State — 1:07:02

Eastern Washington — 1:12:49

Cal Poly — 1:20:50

UC Davis — 1:29:17

Interesting quote from co-coordinator of defense for MSU about squaring up your shoulders to the line of scrimmage to defend Santiago.  Let's see how hat works out for the Bobcats.  This is going to be fun.

“We have to do a great job of keeping contain and keeping our shoulders square to the line of scrimmage and just be physical against him,” Marshall said. “At the end of the day, he’s a freshman.”

Whoever was saying Colter is a homer for MSU and that they would probably finish 4-5 but no better (while we were 4-1) because of defense better be ready to eat their words, depending on Saturday. Wasn't a fan of the comment at the time, and now he may look the fool!

Whoever was saying Colter is a homer for MSU and that they would probably finish 4-5 but no better (while we were 4-1) because of defense better be ready to eat their words, depending on Saturday. Wasn't a fan of the comment at the time, and now he may look the fool!

Right now they are 6th place in the Big Sky.  They have UND Sat.  They should win because of the defensive injuries but that is not a gimme because of the Bobcats defense.  They also play SUU after UND and SUU has a strong defense.  The Idaho St. and Montana.  The Bobcats only win 1 or 2 games the rest of the season.

very well could be, but I was getting at the disparity between where we (UND) are now v where we thought we would be 4 weeks ago. To say they may finish 4 or 5 and use that as a knock on Colter while we may (probably will? could possibly? IDK. somewhere on that spectrum) end up lower than them seems silly.

Colter said MSU had a very good chance to win the Big Sky preseason.  I just looked at MSU defense stats from last and saw what players graduated and figured their defense would not keep them in games.  That has proved to be true.  I like Colter's articles.  The assessment of their placement in the Big Sky is what I was commenting on.

Colter said MSU had a very good chance to win the Big Sky preseason.  I just looked at MSU defense stats from last and saw what players graduated and figured their defense would not keep them in games.  That has proved to be true.  I like Colter's articles.  The assessment of their placement in the Big Sky is what I was commenting on.

I wasn't alone...the league coaches also picked Montana State to win the league. The Bobcats returned everything on offense except Shawn Johnson and added an NFL-calibert tight end in Beau Sandland. That side of the ball has lived up to the billing, averaging 46 points per game. 

Montana State brought in seven defensive transfers. All have fizzled. I did not expect MSU's defense to be stellar but certainly expected it to be better than a season ago. I was dead wrong. Montana State is the worst defensive team I've covered in 10 years covering the Big Sky. 

• Upvote 1

Big Sky Breakdown — Stars of the Big Sky: In this episode, Colter Nuanez is joined by Montana senior wide receiver Jamaal Jones, Southern Utah senior linebacker Matt Holley, Portland State senior cornerback Aaron Sibley and Sacramento State senior wide receiver Shane Harrison to discuss the upcoming week in Big Sky Conference football. The episode also includes audio of the press conference from the hiring of NBA Hall of Famer John Stockton to serve as an assistant on the Montana State women’s basketball team.

http://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-brea ... rs-week-9/

I will have a podcast with interviews with UND senior linebacker Will Ratelle, sophomore safety Cole Reyes and freshman John Santiago. 

I wasn't alone...the league coaches also picked Montana State to win the league. The Bobcats returned everything on offense except Shawn Johnson and added an NFL-calibert tight end in Beau Sandland. That side of the ball has lived up to the billing, averaging 46 points per game. 

Montana State brought in seven defensive transfers. All have fizzled. I did not expect MSU's defense to be stellar but certainly expected it to be better than a season ago. I was dead wrong. Montana State is the worst defensive team I've covered in 10 years covering the Big Sky. 

You are correct many did pick MSU to win the league.  You are wrong about worst defense in 10 Years.  I dare say UND defense of 2 years ago was worse.

You are correct many did pick MSU to win the league.  You are wrong about worst defense in 10 Years.  I dare say UND defense of 2 years ago was worse.

You might think differently when John Santiago doubles his career high on Saturday...

Jabari Wilson from Eastern Washington had a career high of 46 rushing yards before playing Montana State. He went for 188 yards on 17 carries. 

Northern Arizona's Casey Jahn had a career high of 107 before playing Montana State. He went for a career high 175 yards. 

Portland State's David Jones had a career high of 134 yards before going for a career-high 285 yards against Montana State. 

The Bobcat are giving up 296 rushing yards per game to Big Sky opponents, including 325 per game on the road. And all that doesn't take into account that MSU is the single worst pass efficiency defense in the FCS. Montana State gave up points on 11 of 13 possessions to Eastern and on Portland State's first nine possessions. The only thing that stops opposing offenses is the goal line, especially on the road.

• Upvote 1

BIG SKY PREVIEW: Southern Utah faces stiff test in Cal Poly, EWU wary of upstart Weber
http://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-preview-southern-utah-faces-stiff-test-in-mustangs/

Tootell & Tucker — October 28
Beginning on Monday, October 26, Colter Nuanez will join the Tootell & Tucker Show from ESPN 102.9 FM Missoula each twice a week for a 30-minute segment breaking down the Big Sky Conference. In this episode, the trio discusses the week’s upcoming Big Sky matchups, including Montana State’s trip to North Dakota, Montana’s first game at Portland State since 2010, Southern Utah’s tough test in Cal Poly and Eastern Washington’s matchup with upstart Weber State.

http://skylinesportsmt.com/tootell-tucker-october-28-2015/

Edited by Colter_Nuanez