SiouxSports.com Forum

NEW poster; Sioux fan from Virginia

Orange & Maroon Sioux

I posted my first UND post earlier under football, my # 1 sport.

I am a Virginia Tech grad & fan; but UND is my second favorite school. Why? How? What the.....? My roommate in pilot training 39 years ago is a UND grad (as is his wife) and we have been friends ever since. I've only actually been to "NoDak" 5 or 6 times, but love it. Been to the UND campus; love it. Never met ANYONE (even ndsu grads) that I didn't like.

Being from Virginia (Richmond) I know little about hockey. I have seen 2 or 3 of the Sioux National Championship teams/games over the years; especially the championships for they are always on tv. Recently, I found out that Virginia Tech has a "club" hockey team: not varsity; not school sponsored, and they drive 30 miles to the closest rink to practice.

BUT, I also found out that we were in a tournament with all the ACC schools that have club teams, and beat Dike for the title! Now I know that is small potatoes to you Sioux, but ya gotta start somewhere !

I would very much appreciate some emails/posts helping me know the general state of Sioux Hockey this year as to rank & record; what the past few years have been; what the future looks like, and when the last Championship was for I am not real sure. I don't even know much about the game, but thats OK. If the fighting Sioux do it, I am into it!

Thanks a lot guys. This is pretty late so I might post again tomorrow......rather later today. I just found the sight (through my old friends who live in Arthur (just north of Fargo) last night.

Thanks for your help.

(E) Baxter Lemmond.........Lah-mond

Richmond, Virginia

email: VTBaxter@earthlink.net

I think we have the finest cadre of armchair coaches anywhere. :):lol:

O&M Sioux: You should be able to find official and unofficial sources of information on Sioux hockey on the start of the hockey forum and hitting different links for this season's information, and past seasons as well.

Hey Baxter. . . .

If you've really got the fever, and a really good computer, you can catch the Sioux this weekend on the Internet TV.

A fee is involved. About $8.00. Some nights it works better than others. You can watch the game several times over.

Check it out at The Ralph site Ralph Engelstad Arena

or, I think, here. Sioux Web TV

Others here are very knowledgeable. I just hop in now and then to feel like I have some friends, or people who might be interested in what I have to say.

Your story is very cool. Come to town sometime and we'll let you ride the Zamboni between periods.