SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU AD in some trouble....

legend334

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No different than Glas walking over to our bench to greet Jones during warmups after he had a lengthy conversation with Nagy.

Please review the 2nd part of the post about the post game, where Parks and an SDSU assistant had a discussion. No different then Glas talking to Jones, legal unless done to a SDSU player?

Yea, you guys will be a real force against the stiff competition in the NCC. Maybe you can finally win a conference championship and advance to the regionals with Nagy and Co. departing.

That has nothing to do with the discussion at hand, and UND has advanced to regionals lately and made it to the Elite Eight repeatedly in the early 90's. You don't anwer a question with a lame attempt at an insult, no one quotes you and simply types "FOOTBALL".

I believe the Jacks gave the Sioux everything they wanted in Football this year. You two are biggest winers and excuse makers I have encountered. Were you part of that pathetic gathering of Sioux Fans at the game last night or were you over at the ralph watching your hockey team getting their asses kicked?

Who cares if you have one of the better post people if you can't win and he doesn't make the people around him better. I'm not sure why he didn't play but I would have loved to seen Calvin Melaney get in the game and show Ryp what physical is. At 6'11 he should be dominating.

I believe the Jacks gave the Sioux everything they wanted in Football this year. You two are biggest winers and excuse makers I have encountered. Were you part of that pathetic gathering of Sioux Fans at the game last night or were you over at the ralph watching your hockey team getting their asses kicked?

The Jacks did play the Sioux close in football for the first time I can remember (which I was showed after posting this that my memory is lacking)), but also remember that the UND men played your men close last night, and you have been nothing but incomplementary about them, so why would you expect the same for playing our national runner-up football ream close? Once again you present a double standard.

The Jacks walked all over the Sioux in football a couple seasons ago at Hobo Day. I know because I was there.

SDSU has actually won three of the past six games in Brookings between the two teams. It's the recent games in Grand Forks that have all been complete blow-outs, with UND winning the last six games by an AVERAGE of just under 27 points.

Fred Oien has done a lot for SDSU and the administration is not going to just turn

there back on him before he has his day in court. There are two people who really know what happened and he is innocent until proven guility. Something tells me this wouldn't even be a topic on this board if SDSU wasn't moving up and out of the NCC nor would it be such big news with the Argus who has opposed to our move from day 1. Envy and Jealousy is what I call it.

Fred Oien has done a lot for SDSU and the administration is not going to just turn

there back on him before he has his day in court. There are two people who really know what happened and he is innocent until proven guility. Something tells me this wouldn't even be a topic on this board if SDSU wasn't moving up and out of the NCC nor would it be such big news with the Argus who has opposed to our move from day 1. Envy and Jealousy is what I call it.

That is plain stupid to say it wouldn't be an issue if SDSU wasn't in their current situation. Let's look to the past, why was it an issue with Entzion then, NDSU wasn't doing anything at that time and it certainly was an issue. What division was UND moving to when Ralph Engelstead's past issues came up while the REA was going up? What do we have to be jealous of SDSU for other then it is in the sprawling metropolis of Brookings where beer and hot girls flow like water. How naive can you possibly be to think that Oien is an issue because SDSU is moving up. If the boss at any workplace in America was a spousal abuser and an alcoholic it would be an issue, why should it be any different in glorious Brookings?

We are so jealous of SDSU. yeah right.

I can't believe how much you are defending this guy. He is innocent until proven guilty, but just because he is your AD doesn't make him some kind of supreme being or something.

An AD facing the charges he is, is news, especially when he is the AD at a school in your conference.

Clearly, no one forced Oien to offer to resign (or else they'd have taken it).

Oien offering to resign tells me that he believes he may have done something that may tarnish those he is associated with. Offering his resignation gives them a way to get away from him. SDSU chose not to. As this plays out we'll uncover the wisdom of their decision.

PS - What's the Women's Studies department at SDSU think about this? Shouldn't they be in an uproar simply over the accusations and charges?