SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Jerseys of 2014 (road version)

MafiaMan

OK, we've gone thru the 2014 home whites. Now it's time for the road colors...

141010UAAMaine05.jpg?itok=bVZgc7Ic

No surprise here. Maine makes an appearance on the best jersey list for the roadies too.

HUNTSVILLE-master675.jpg

Gave this one away in an earlier thread - Alabama Huntsville. Great color scheme and the horseshoes on the shoulders top it off. Still hate those stupid scoop-tail jerseys that supposedly make you .00001 of a second quicker than a regular jersey but whatever...

yale-lyon.jpg

Yale Bulldogs. This beauty is just timeless. Love the big block YALE and numbers on the front.

2013110822-33-3993.jpg

Whoa! A BIG surprise here with Bowling Green. The orange and brown really pops on this sweet uniform. Bonus points for not being another school replacing traditional colors with "Vegas gold" (yes, I'm talking to YOU, Western Michigan).

wilson2.jpg

Another repeat from the home whites - the BU Terriers. Again, a throwback alternate that has become their regular jersey. I can't stand anything Boston - and yet I'd buy this jersey in a heartbeat.

There you have it, 2014's top 5 road jerseys. Your thoughts? Anything you'd subtract and replace on the list?

1.Lake Superior State

2. Bemidji State

3.Boston U

I saw Lake State's roadies in action against Notre Dame - disappointing, to say the least. Yellow numbers and anchor did not match the yellow trim on the jerseys. If they would have stuck with 2013's blues, a top five jersey EASILY, in my opinion...

• 2 months later...

2013110822-33-3993.jpg

Checking out LPTV tonight in Bemidji and it appears that Bowling Green has switched to brown helmets and improved their look immensely. Amazing what a difference helmet color can do for the entire uniform.

They look like the Cleveland Browns...