SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Governance: Autonomy Structure

The Sicatoka

Does anyone know how much the exit fee of the BSC is? Not that I would want UND to leave just curious.

iirc - $0 if proper notice is given. Big Sky does not have the revolving door issues that the Summit does, so it does not need a large bounty to deter members from jumping.

• Upvote 1

iirc - $0 if proper notice is given. Big Sky does not have the revolving door issues that the Summit does, so it does not need a large bounty to deter members from jumping.

That 1 million exit fee could deter schools from joining as well as leaving.

No arguments on either point. The gap will surely widen with the Summit, but there is little NDSU can do about that; UND will be in same boat with the Sky which is a much worse BBall conference thus an even wider gap.

The fascinating part of this is UND will likely be one of the few schools in a "mixed" situation with potentially hockey players getting more from scholies than football, BBall, etc. It will make for some challenges for Faison and I just hope UND does not put in the increased cost on the backs of their students.....

I believe that BF has talked about this recently and he stated that UND had a plan in place.  If the P5 hockey schools go to full cost UND is going to follow.  Fullerton also talked about full cost scholarships and that the Big Sky might be looking at supporting basketball at full cost or additional stipends.