SiouxSports.com Forum

Probable Two Deep Roster

geaux_sioux

What would your ideal alternative be?

I am just hoping for at least one starter who either was not on the roster last year, or who red-shirted. I like Anderson and Barton, but I'm not sure it's realistic to expect to put together a solid starting o-line from just incumbents and converted defensive linemen.

• Upvote 1

I am just hoping for at least one starter who either was not on the roster last year, or who red-shirted. I like Anderson and Barton, but I'm not sure it's realistic to expect to put together a solid starting o-line from just incumbents and converted defensive linemen.

Completely agree - I think Hellman may be a potential quality player, but not sure if he's a starter. If Henson is starting then we're in trouble, unless he's a heck of a lot better on the o-line then he was on the D-line. I think Boas needs to start, and I'd like to believe that one of the RS Freshmen or even true Freshmen would be able to find a spot over Henson or Meehan.

LT Barton

LG Anderson

C Boas

RG Miller

RT ? ? ?

I don't like our situation on OL. Barton and Anderson especially are good. Other than them nothing is proven. Meehan hasn't been very good, hopefully he made a huge improvement because we need 2-3 OL to step up big time. Based on his film I think Boas should earn a starting spot. I remember hearing good things about Miller so it'd be nice for him to grab a starting spot and hold it for 4 years. Stockwell is the future at LT but isn't ready yet. Steiner looks like a future stud but is an obvious guard. If Miller can slide out wide our line could be Stockwell Anderson Boas Steiner Miller in 2015. That looks like a legit line to me. This year it just seems like we're missing one spot which obviously would have been taken up by the JUCO that never came.

I wouldn't be surprised if the OL ended up like this

LT Barton

LG Miller

C Boas

RG Meehan

RT Anderson