SiouxSports.com Forum

Your Love for Sioux Hockey

MafiaMan

Good memory: I was a full-time volunteer at "Sandbag Central" for two months before the 1997 flood. On March 29th, I occasionally stepped out of the oppressive noise in the building to check on the progress of the Frozen Four game. When we beat Boston 6-4, I got on the megaphone, asked the machines to shut down and announced the SIOUX NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP to all the weary workers. I swear the cheers that arose were as loud as all the machines - and it was great to see the smiles and extra energy on the floor the rest of the night!

• Upvote 1

one of my first sioux hockey memories was a ncaa tourney gAme on pbs, iwabucci was in net and the sioux were playing colgate i believe and boyd christensen was doing commentary i believe. I was pretty young maybe 8 or 9 at the time

i can remember them saying that iwabucci likes to come way out to cut down the angle and by way out we mean sometimes almost out to the blie line