SiouxSports.com Forum

The DI-AA West Conference picture is blurred...

WYOBISONMAN

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as hockey goes.... it's a complete pipe dream for NDSU to ever have hockey. We don't need it or want it. We have bball and wrestling which is plenty.

It is possible...they could practice at the arena @ North High School and the games could be played in the fargo (which is set up to have an ice sheet in it).

Still won't happen.

.... games could be played in the fargo (which is set up to have an ice sheet in it).

Don't you remember the Fargo Arena debates a few years back? The issue was "why not use the FargoDome?" Why? Because FargoDome isn't completely ready for ice. It would take a few hundred thousand dollars (close to a million?) to put ice into FargoDome. Someone probably has the numbers from back then.

They hired them because they supposed to be the best in their field of work.

That doesn't make them experts.

OK, they Carr is "the best in their field of work."

Carr disagrees with NDSU's course of action (and told NDSU not to do it that way before NDSU did it).

Better?

There are pipes under the dome floor which i assume contain sometype of coolent. Put up the boards and poor in water....then wait till it freezes.

I fail to see how putting up boards costs hundres of thousands of dollars.

Yes, the pipes are in.

No compressor (which means no chillant in the piping).

No boards.

No glass.

The compressor is the biggest financial hit.

The numbers were in the Fargo Forum back in April 2000 and were what I quoted.

So obviously we know what is better for ourselves than Carr does.

We just wanted a second opinion. Nothing more.

NDSU's officials didn't get the answer they wanted so they ignore the recommendations.

Why does Doug Fullerton's quote come to mind again?

omg

that is probably one of the funniest things I have ever read

They are best in their field of work, but not experts. Yeah, I guess it makes sense to me

Ok...lets say there were 3 companies. The first 2 sucked really bad. Carr only sucked slightly less, but sucked nonetheless.

An expert is not a company that sucks.

Sicatoka....I had to go back through all those posts to find your question.... :glare: Yes, I think there will either be a reduction or an elimination of the waiting periods as this thing gets going. That is why I am not at all worried about the long waiting period on Basketball. I think in this environment it is likely to get reduced. An interesting hook that the NCAA has in the BCS schools in this whole thing is Basketball. The BCS can take Football and walk from the NCAA, but Basketball is entirely another matter. The BCS would not want to leave the schools like Gonzaga, etc behind....they make March Madness too interesting....so there in lies the hook. It will be fun to watch...