SiouxSports.com Forum

Biggest A$$ on the Gophers

cfm567b27

Vanek needs to become more well rounded defensively. He seems to lurk around the blue line too much, though I did see him make one good defensive play last night...

I was impressed by Vanek's defensive prowess last night. I can sum it up in one word:

LIABILITY

He just sits there on the blue line and waits for his teammates to break up the play and make an outlet pass. That's not defense at all, that's just stupid. If Parise did that game in and game out, I am unsure how much ice time he'd have.

Let POI rip Brandt a new one. They are just letting off steam because they lost. Apart from the rivalry, the Sioux should sweep on paper as it goes without saying (on paper) that the #1 team should be better than the #5 (unless you are talking college football :D )

I especially liked Thomas "the mouth" Vanek's one man ice folly show when Schneider had had grabbed him with one hand in the first.

Too bad Schneider is too much of an assest to us, otherwise it would have been fun to see him take on Jake "the bully" Taylor.

I have to agree with TH. When Vanek chooses to play he is one of the best, but if I was Buffalo I'd be nervous. Vanek doesn't play a full game, mouths off too much, and is a cheap shot artist. He takes way too many stupid penalties and when fighting is allowed (ie. the NHL) he'll get wiped up and down the ice.

I don't think we need to compete with POI's topics. They don't understand that Brandt is a goalie that gets worked up for games, and is fighting for a starting job. The goofers are downplaying the series even more after they lost, so it is just their form of denial. Half of the fans realize Brandt didn't do any cocky. However, I totally disagree with their complaints about the two penalties for hitting Brandt. Our goalies get ran almost every weekend. Normally it is when they are in the crease, but last night was both times when he was out of the crease. Argue for the change in rules if you want, but you have to play by the rules that are currently enforced.

You guys are hacking on Vanek after last night? He was far better than the GF series.

He also provide the only goals of the night with a nice dish to GP and a 5 on 5 goal against the Parise group.

His criticism is often just, but not last night.

I think the point was that POI was ripping on Brandt, who was the player of the game for FSN, TH, and the Herald. I'm sure you could see it coming. :D

I think the point was that POI was ripping on Brandt, who was the player of the game for FSN, TH, and the Herald. I'm sure you could see it coming. :D

Yeah, I'm not sure why people were upset with Brandt. The Gophs gently ran him twice, right?

He certainly outplayed Briggs and that was the difference of the outcome.

I do truly hope Jordan Parise plays tonight. I need to see if he is really that good or if he is benifitting from the great play of the guys in front of him.

I do truly hope Jordan Parise plays tonight. I need to see if he is really that good or if he is benifitting from the great play of the guys in front of him.

I think he is good, but I think the defense plays better for him. I always said Kollar sucked, but nobody believed me. The D would play harder when Kollar was in instead of Goehring. When Goehring was gone, Kollar proved me right. :D

You guys are hacking on Vanek after last night? He was far better than the GF series.

In three games versus UND he has two points. Last night he scored a goal and celebrates like just scored the winning goal to the stanley cup. I am not impressed with him. Vanek is a good player there is not doubt about it, but I think he is a little bit of prima donna/cry baby... Hey Vanek you have scored 18 goals this year act like you have done it before. The guy is too much of a show boat...

He also provide the only goals of the night with a nice dish to GP and a 5 on 5 goal against the Parise group.

His criticism is often just, but not last night.

He did fine offensively, but it's the other crap with Vanek. Like I alluded to earlier, there is no questioning his offensive ability, just his mind. Like when he took his sweet time to shoot on the PP until Brandt got back in position.

He did fine offensively, but it's the other crap with Vanek. Like I alluded to earlier,----- snip

You mean like the over exhuberant celebration when he score a goal last night, and maybe pulling on the front of his jersey after scoring a goal against a very bad MSU-M team. Yep he is a show boat...

I am not criticizing Vanek on his offensive prowess. He DID in fact to an excellent job last night OFFENSIVELY.

I am just saying that hockey is a TEAM sport and Vanek does not appear to be a team player. Sure he is a great scorer, but he is a defensive liability. He needs to step up and play 2 way hockey or he's going to be riding the fourth line for the Sabres.

As for the topic title, who cares?

We don't need this kind of garbage on this board.

You may be right..then again they don't need it on POI either - see whinning.

Suck it up. Game was played evenly....1st period a draw...2nd period to UMN...third to the Sioux (when it counted). Ref's didn't cause the outcome. UMN got outplayed 1 3/4 out of three periods - end of story. They lost, deal with it no reason to post a title about who is the biggest a$$ on the Sioux - just returning the favor.

Totally agree!!! I think we should support all those kids out there playing college hockey for UND or any other school. Some of the fans may be idiots, but I don't think it's very classy to be badmouthing those kids just because they are wearing a different colored jersey. You guys would love Vanek if he was on our side and you'd hate Bochenski and Parise if they had gone to the U of M. It isn't the players you hate, it's that jersey with the big "M" on the front of it.

Ahh no that would be wrong. I dislike Vanek because of his work ethic. He is LAZY and overrated in my opinion. He can score goals like no one's business as he hangs on the blue line like no one can...... but I doubt that type of attitude and work ethic would be tolerated in DB's system playing for the Sioux. So again - I hate the "M" and I dislike Vanek. The title of this thread is borrowed from POI - not originated on ss.com.

Totally agree!!! I think we should support all those kids out there playing college hockey for UND or any other school. Some of the fans may be idiots, but I don't think it's very classy to be badmouthing those kids just because they are wearing a different colored jersey. You guys would love Vanek if he was on our side and you'd hate Bochenski and Parise if they had gone to the U of M. It isn't the players you hate, it's that jersey with the big "M" on the front of it.

I would argue that a majority of fans on here didn't care for Fournier when he was here. I realize some of the stuff about his worth ethic came out late, but I know I was pointing out his crappiness all year.

no reason to post a title about who is the biggest a$$ on the Sioux - just returning the favor.

:D?:p?

If there is no reason for it on their board, as you state, then there can't possibly be a reason for it here!!! Isn't there a saying about imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. . . . . . why would you want to flatter them by imitating them?

But, if you are returning a favor, return it - over there.