SiouxSports.com Forum

Tonight's Webcast vs. Michigan Tech

CoteauRinkRat

If everyone here has some integrity in them it actually isn't a bad idea to share the login code - rotate who's week it is to buy etc. I believe you get five logins per view.

It sounds like some people go through their five views just trying to watch it live with all of the problems.

Let's stop this direction of conversation. If you use this message board to illegally circumvent copyrights, there are two legally responsible parties: you and me. I'm not interested.

Point well taken -

I do believe it is "legal" being that you are given five login's per purchase. How you chose to use them (five separate PC's) is up to you. I could be wrong however.

Let's stop this direction of conversation. If you use this message board to illegally circumvent copyrights, there are two legally responsible parties: you and me. I'm not interested.

My intention was for people that have the package, but can't watch the game. Kind of like giving away tickets if you can't go.

Point well taken -

I do believe it is "legal" being that you are given five login's per purchase. How you chose to use them (five separate PC's) is up to you. I could be wrong however.

He just said stop the direction of conversation. You can use the 5 log ins, but I think those are to re-watch the games. You can't just all watch it at the same time. Of course, the only way you can re-watch any of the games is if you paid extra or if you paid for the full sioux package (including football and basketball games).

Mea culpa. You're both right. From DataFlix T&C:

Currently, each flix is allowed 5 views, eitherfor yourself or to give away as gifts. We reserve the right to change the number of views with respect to future flixs but will not change the number of views with respect to flixs that you have already paid for. You can watch the flix whenever you want, up to the allowed number of views for that flix. After those views are used up, if you want to watch the flix, you will have to pay the PPV fee again.

Once you buy the PPV flix, you may watch it from any computer or device with access to the Site. We do, however, reserve the right to change that policy at any time and from time-to-time.

I'm quite surprised that's their policy, but there it is. Carry on :glare:

Last weekend was very good though. Maybe "the ralph" and dataflix took a hint that if they dont improve the service nobody will buy it. Or maybe it was just luck :glare:

From my experience the webcast from the Ralph home games is excellent. The road games are iffy...The Denver cast was horrendous and you could carely make out the players let alone the puck.

I ordered it at the beginning of the season for the Sioux/UMD game, and I used 3 log-ins just getting the thing to work. Even then I only saw 1/2 of the third period. UNless the quality has vastly improved since then, I think I'll just stick to internet radio.

Here's my email from dataflix after last night:

I'm trying to keep my sense of humor here, otherwise, I'm going to go nuts. These away games are going to kill me. As you know there are two parties involved. Us here at DataFlix and the folks at UND who are on site doing the encoding, setting up audio etc. Complicating the matter is that we are doing two simultaneous webcasts right now....women's basketball and men's hockey.

I do have good news though. We are confident we've been able to eliminate the buffering issues, so let me know how it goes tonight if you are still watching.

I know this has been really frustrating for you as it has been for us. We do live stuff all the time, but we usually do it ourselves. When we get others involved who are not as familiar, we can have problems.

I do appreciate your patience and I know it's running thin. Games at the Ralph should be pretty wired in since we done so many at this point. But the away games are still a bit tricky especially if they haven't done a webcast from there yet.

As I promised in the past, we'll refund your money even at the end of the season if you want.

Don't know whose end is responsible for making the webcast bright and "colored", I assumed, after St. Cloud, it was a camera/equipment/arena lighting issue, but after last night, when the webcast magically found the right settings to show a bright picture with colors immediately after the game ended, who knows who was responsible for the dark grayscale images and echoing first period audio. The positive, it streamed well last night; don't know if that was because so many gave up or bandwidth really is no longer an issue.