SiouxSports.com Forum

Tonight's Webcast vs. Michigan Tech

CoteauRinkRat

Someone posted this on the USCHO Board, but Michigan Tech is streaming the game (video) for free: http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/huskiesradio.html

From the looks of the USCHO board comments, it's not perfect (some people decided to switch to just audio after awhile), but I guess since it's free it might not be a bad thing to try out.

I now see you all knew about the Michigan Tech feed -- just got through the game thread from last night. Sorry about repeating information. Unfortunately, I forgot that there wouldn't be a time difference last night for me so missed the first 2 periods of play and didn't keep up with the thread. :lol: That was a fast game last night!

Someone posted this on the USCHO Board, but Michigan Tech is streaming the game (video) for free: http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/huskiesradio.html

From the looks of the USCHO board comments, it's not perfect (some people decided to switch to just audio after awhile), but I guess since it's free it might not be a bad thing to try out.

So MTU is doing what we should have done to begin with? Good for them.

Imagine all the complaints from a FREE webcast. Looks foolish that way doesn't it?

Webcast for UND: this year should have been free so they could gauge interest, showcase the product, and perfect the practice. Next year should be pay per view. Instead, they got a great fan interest and proceeds to difficulty and refund them right out of the program and they are not breaking even anyways. I'll be interested to see how much reenrollment there will be compared to the numbers this year. Although I don't want the program to disappear, I hope it is less than last year and that EVERYONE complains about it.

Webcast for UND: this year should have been free so they could gauge interest, showcase the product, and perfect the practice. Next year should be pay per view. Instead, they got a great fan interest and proceeds to difficulty and refund them right out of the program and they are not breaking even anyways. I'll be interested to see how much reenrollment there will be compared to the numbers this year. Although I don't want the program to disappear, I hope it is less than last year and that EVERYONE complains about it.

I have been frustrated with dataflix at times as well (the SCSU series was b-a-d). But l was pretty pleased with last night's performance... very little buffering (twice by my count and only for a few seconds). Of course it was a bit dark but that really didn't bother me. For some reason, there were a lot more negative comments on the dataflix web site last night than usual, but it seemed to be working well.

I'll pay my $99 bucks again next year.

Sprig, is that the first time you've gotten an email from the people in charge of Dataflix? I got a pretty lengthy one myself today.

I've emailed back and forth with Denny Reinhart often. Everyone who posted a review (complaint) got the long one Saturday morning.