SiouxSports.com Forum

student section football traditions

I remember my freshman year at a UND hockey game we chanted this one a few times:

Give me a C -C- Give me an O -O- Give me a N -N- Give me a D -D- Give me an O -O- Give me a M -M- Give me an S -S-

Whats that spell? DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE

Inappropriate, yes, but funny nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

This video was defiantly better than videos in years past but the music just isn't thumping enough or loud enough and the guy talking kind of takes away from it. It seems like more of a TV commercial. I like the old highlights in there and there should be some really good highlights to chose from last season. I'm not sure if you have any control over this but is there any way to crank the speakers for the intro and get some loud thumping music? I know the old fans won't like the music but they don't add much to the atmosphere anyway. And maybe some fire works for when the team storms out? Fog machine? Green strobe lights in the helmet? We could have an awesome intro. Just look at the hockey team's intros over the years. Loud intense and awesome every time. The students love that stuff.

Couldn't agree more. Need to have a great pump-up song that takes the place of the video narration. Pyrotechnics, fog, and/or green strobe lights would also be welcome additions. Use the team entrance as the spark to get the place going; hopefully, once the excitement starts, it stays high for the whole game (if the team is doing well of course).

I remember my freshman year at a UND hockey game we chanted this one a few times:

Give me a C -C- Give me an O -O- Give me a N -N- Give me a D -D- Give me an O -O- Give me a M -M- Give me an S -S-

Whats that spell? DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE

Inappropriate, yes, but funny nonetheless.

That's funny.. Hey, we're not BYU...

Reading this thread doesn't exactly bring back memories of the good old days at Memorial Stadium. It was frickin' cold there for many games and we were quietly freezing to death watching games. It's different in a dome, no doubt.

I hate to say this, but UND fans should take notes from NDSU fans. Of course, it's going to be easier when UND starts winning at the level they have been. As far as the UND football team and coaches...take notes on how to NOT run a rogue program like they do at NDSU.

Well, I'm off the the Fargo Forum. Gonna check the police blotter for any new arrests of the ag school "student athletes".

I searched for a few videos around Wyoming. Take a look. How is UND'S compair.

CSU Stae

Utah State https://www.youtube....h?v=BGTOfuQ0h6o

Wyoming one game comm. https://www.youtube....h?v=R9qltISTGb8

2012 NDSU https://www.youtube....h?v=1xjqKMrAYbw

Love that UW video. How can you possibly lose when you have Pistol Pete on your side? Go Pokes! Let's keep the boot for a fifth straight year!