SiouxSports.com Forum

? Last Saturday Internet Stream

watchmaker49

Thanks everyone. This makes me think that there are one of a couple of issues at the bar.

A: Not enough speed in their feed.

B: Maybe the computer they are using has too much junk running in the background using to much memory and that is causing the problem.

C: If B is the problem would someone who is more savvy to this tell me if I brought in a laptop that streams fine at home might fix the problem.

I've never had an america 1 stream freeze, although the quality has varied greatly based on the arena, etc, etc. This one wasn't the best, especially at the "left" end of the ice where glare from "lights"? wiped out most of what one could see. It didn't ever freeze for me, however.

Thanks everyone. This makes me think that there are one of a couple of issues at the bar.

A: Not enough speed in their feed.

B: Maybe the computer they are using has too much junk running in the background using to much memory and that is causing the problem.

C: If B is the problem would someone who is more savvy to this tell me if I brought in a laptop that streams fine at home might fix the problem.

Does the bar have public wireless internet access? If so it the bandwidth may have been shared by too many users, in which case, a different PC won't make a difference.

Does the bar have public wireless internet access? If so it the bandwidth may have been shared by too many users, in which case, a different PC won't make a difference.

No but they do have those dumb wireless trivia games going. I am really leaning to the fact that they have too much going on with their computer they are using.

No but they do have those dumb wireless trivia games going. I am really leaning to the fact that they have too much going on with their computer they are using.

The trivia games may or may not be working on the same computer, and may or may not be working on the same internet service. Either or both could affect the service. Or as you mentioned above, the computer may have too much other junk on it. Or their internet service could be slow. But those would be good places to start looking.

The trivia games may or may not be working on the same computer, and may or may not be working on the same internet service. Either or both could affect the service. Or as you mentioned above, the computer may have too much other junk on it. Or their internet service could be slow. But those would be good places to start looking.

This what I was thinking but I thought I would run it by people that are smarter than me on this subject.

The broadcast I watched of the outdoor game was beyond pathetic, Beyond the fact that the quality was bad I couldn't believe how bad they failed to get camera angles. Losing the puck was constant but what really drove me crazy was the fact that they could not show the stadium or the relationship the rink had within the stadium.

It is the first time I have felt claustrophobic watching a sporting event. When after the game I heard about the Sioux fans being there in great number I was shocked. The limited angles they showed gave a glimpse of an empty stadium. And the most annoying thing was they did not show our bench one fricking time( unless it happened when I was looking away for a brief second). I never got to see our coaches and get a feel for their dispositions during that unique event. I heard they wore cool jackets but I wouldn't know...

Was that the same broadcast which was on TV in Grand Forks??

The broadcast I watched of the outdoor game was beyond pathetic, Beyond the fact that the quality was bad I couldn't believe how bad they failed to get camera angles. Losing the puck was constant but what really drove me crazy was the fact that they could not show the stadium or the relationship the rink had within the stadium.

It is the first time I have felt claustrophobic watching a sporting event. When after the game I heard about the Sioux fans being there in great number I was shocked. The limited angles they showed gave a glimpse of an empty stadium. And the most annoying thing was they did not show our bench one fricking time( unless it happened when I was looking away for a brief second). I never got to see our coaches and get a feel for their dispositions during that unique event. I heard they wore cool jackets but I wouldn't know...

Was that the same broadcast which was on TV in Grand Forks??

Online only. If I brought my laptop to the bar and hooked it up instead of theirs would this be a good or bad idea?