SiouxSports.com Forum

Clueless

Goon

if our conversations were all like that, we'd have no problems. Which thread was it and such?

WPoS

It was somewhere after my initial post on POI (which incidently sparked all kinds of controversy) in which I said I hoped Parise lit up the lamp down in Minneapolis during the series. Shortly thereafter I was jumped on, told I probably worked in a sandwich shop, lived in a trailer, was 12, couldn't spell....etc. etc. etc. etc. Oh and right before the post from the obviously brilliant gentleman that failed to realize that UND won it in 2000 (which I happened to be in attendance for). I guess 2000 wasn't considered part of the "new millenium" point he was trying to make.

I am not much for the Gophers and the arrogance of their fans.

Took a North Dakota boy and someone from across the Atlantic for them to return to the national stage. Funny, you don't hear 'em much crying about other teams recruiting Canadian or foreign talent anymore. Truth is, if I wanted to watch Minnesota high school hockey, I'd buy a ticket to a local arena, not spend $26 at Mariucci.

In any event, Don and the boys will likely be watching home ice slipping away after the drumming that they will take at the World Arena this weekend.

Of what reason do the Minnesota fans attribute the horrendous performance, to date, by the defending champs who are, essentially, intact from last season? :ohmy:

cfm, I will bring up your point sometime for you, just because I am a nice guy. The post you are talking about isn't jumping out at me, can you toss me a msg# to refer to? As for the Millenium, actually the new millenium started in 2001, 2000 was the "100th" year of the old one.

northdakotahockey, somewhat true except losing your goalie and a D-man that went directly to the pros (minus his Sr year) may have something to do with our slide this year.

WPoS

I am not much for the Gophers and the arrogance of their fans.

Took a North Dakota boy and someone from across the Atlantic for them to return to the national stage. Funny, you don't hear 'em much crying about other teams recruiting Canadian or foreign talent anymore. Truth is, if I wanted to watch Minnesota high school hockey, I'd buy a ticket to a local arena, not spend $26 at Mariucci.

In any event, Don and the boys will likely be watching home ice slipping away after the drumming that they will take at the World Arena this weekend.

Of what reason do the Minnesota fans attribute the horrendous performance, to date, by the defending champs who are, essentially, intact from last season? :ohmy:

NDH....Allow me you buy you beverage of your choice......Read your post and was thinking along the same lines.

cfm, I will bring up your point sometime for you, just because I am a nice guy. The post you are talking about isn't jumping out at me, can you toss me a msg# to refer to? As for the Millenium, actually the new millenium started in 2001, 2000 was the "100th" year of the old one.

northdakotahockey, somewhat true except losing your goalie and a D-man that went directly to the pros (minus his Sr year) may have something to do with our slide this year.

WPoS

On second thought Wpos...Don't bother bringing it up. Typing is cheap. I will just assume the response was from one of your lesser than bright colleagues.

Do pass on thought that I'm offering free McChickens at my work place. hehe Right!

WPoS . . . .

Love you man. You are not claiming that the Gopher program talent pool is so shallow, and the recruiting efforts so inept, that it cannot recover from the loss of a senior defenseman (something that everyone saw coming well in advance), or of an average goaltender, at best, are you?

Hey speaking of losing a "huge" defenseman.....Anyone care to dicsuss what Commodore's loss meant to the program a few years bacK?? What possibly could have been?? We won't bring that up.

Hey speaking of losing a "huge" defenseman.....Anyone care to dicsuss what Commodore's loss meant to the program a few years bacK?? What possibly could have been?? We won't bring that up.

If I remember correctly he left after the 2000 championship?

If my memory is still correct, I think Deano said we would have won the 2001 game had he played.

I'm always wrong though.

If I remember correctly he left after the 2000 championship?

If my memory is still correct, I think Deano said we would have won the 2001 game had he played.

I'm always wrong though.

WPoS . . . .

Love you man. You are not claiming that the Gopher program talent pool is so shallow, and the recruiting efforts so inept, that it cannot recover from the loss of a senior defenseman (something that everyone saw coming well in advance), or of an average goaltender, at best, are you?

no not claiming that. I for one am confused with the amount of tallent we have why were are not doing better. It absolutly makes no sense some days! We can watch them crush a good opponent and the next minute look like a bunch of pee-wees. I am hoping for a top 4 end of season showing but it will be an uphill climb.

All that aside P-Mart leaving was somewhat of a surprise.

no, not a choke, if they started out strong, then yes, but starting out poorly by no means is a choke, that is just plain poor start.

WPoS

I have seen choke defined in the modern sports world as meaning "under a lot of pressure to peform a team fails to live up to expectations".

Depends on how you define choke I guess.

I give up, I'll never win here.... :ohmy:

WPoS

No don't give up...good spirited discussion here.

Now at least you know what I feel like.

Do you think when I called Mariucci a "dump" Gopher fans on POI took exception to that?? :p Might be where I went wrong but only after having insult after insult lobbed following my hoping Parise "lights the lamp down there comment".

Wpos...Do you think if the donor that pulled his money out (football stadium) decided he wanted to built a grand new hockey stadium and the REA was just a pipedream for UND fans - would the shoe be on the other foot as far as the comments from your people like "nazi palace" and "prairie teepee"?

No don't give up...good spirited discussion here.

Now at least you know what I feel like.

Do you think when I called Mariucci a "dump" Gopher fans on POI took exception to that?? :p Might be where I went wrong but only after having insult after insult lobbed following my hoping Parise "lights the lamp down there comment".

Wpos...Do you think if the donor that pulled his money out (football stadium) decided he wanted to built a grand new hockey stadium and the REA was just a pipedream for UND fans - would the shoe be on the other foot as far as the comments from your people like "nazi palace" and "prairie teepee"?

nah, I still give up.

I *TRY* hard to be a "good" visitor to this site and even on POI I only really rip on the JBSU-ers, as UND deserves some props for a good program as they can back things up. I know what you feel like already here after my first post, but I corrected my ways and tried to be an honorable guest after that. On POI we don't mind other team's fans posting, they are more than welcome, we, just like you, want some amount of respect from visitors from other teams.

All in all, I still give up, I will never win any arguements here, especially on this thread. But that doesn't mean I can't try once in a while to make you guys see things from some Marron and Gold glasses perspective.

WPoS