SiouxSports.com Forum

why not

Fetch

A place to talk about anything - politics - just BS - Jokes etc. - For all Grand Forks people (not just UND and /or Sports)

I agree it has to be kept clean - appropriate for all ages (I know that won't be easy)

Have you ever tried it ?

I like sparing with the crowd around here - most are sarcastic with class - the ones that are not - should stay away or be ban from the forum (I know a lot of people can't handle sarcasm)

I would even volunteer to be a Mod (but Mods need to be open minded & a balance - not all think the same)

Or Can you create a sub board that is for adults only too ?

Or are there other Grand Forks Forums I'm missing - The Herald's talk about it - is lame same ol same ol folks arguing

The "community" forum currently welcomes all of that except politics*.

While there have been threads there on everything from music, to photos, to restaurants, to youtube videos, etc..., it's true that the description may not be the most inviting in that regard. I could certainly rename it and/or update its description to make it clear that almost anything "off-topic" is welcome.

* - politics has always been a special case. In our past experience, political discussions in particular lead to posters genuinely disliking each other and that affecting their ability to interact with civility in the other forums. I'm open to changing that if people really want to, but in the past there's been a general agreement that avoiding it lends additional civility to this forum.

The "community" forum currently welcomes all of that except politics*.

* - politics has always been a special case. In our past experience, political discussions in particular lead to posters genuinely disliking each other and that affecting their ability to interact with civility in the other forums. I'm open to changing that if people really want to, but in the past there's been a general agreement that avoiding it lends additional civility to this forum.

Other fan forums aren't nearly as civil as SiouxSports, so you make a good point.