SiouxSports.com Forum

If the Playoffs Were Today: Bracketology-Oct 8th

Matt

threads like this really give me the feeling that this board is drowning in its own inferiority complex even more than normal. The mvfc can make a pretty solid case that it is the best conference in the fcs. the big sky can't, although it does have several solid teams at the top. Trying to defend the indefensible really undermines your credibility. It's not like we're playing in the southland, the sky is still pretty solid, and the top4 all have similar numbers of elite teams.

How about: we play all the best teams in the big sky, and our schedule is tougher than yours? a fact based argument that coincidentally is also true.

I thought moral victories don't count?

They don't count. If they did, NDSU would have hosted a national semi-final the following weekend.

What about what happened to UNI in Montana last year?

UNI pulled its annual playoff "crap the bed" game, this time against a team on the road who made them pay.

Basing an opinion about an entire conference on 2 individual football games in a single year shows a real lack of objectivity and a lack of credibility. It is another example of NDSU fans holding a grudge. The attitude isn't based on reality, it is based on the hurt feelings of a group of individuals that can't get over perceived slights their favorite school received almost a decade ago. It is yet another reason to take the opinions of NDSU fans with a grain of salt on many things.

A question was asked, I answered. I also mentioned the type of play people find a lot of in the Big Sky in addition to the most recent experiences on the field.

They don't count. If they did, NDSU would have hosted a national semi-final the following weekend.

UNI pulled its annual playoff "crap the bed" game, this time against a team on the road who made them pay.

A question was asked, I answered. I also mentioned the type of play people find a lot of in the Big Sky in addition to the most recent experiences on the field.

And again you are making long term projections based on short term results. Only idiots would base an opinion on the long term strength of a conference on the scores of 2 football games in a single year. NDSU fans think they got jobbed at EWU and they are holding on to a grudge, something they do very well.
  • Upvote 2

NDSU fans aren't holding onto a EWU grudge, I'm sorry. It is never brought up amongst the Bison fans I hang with, and the only time I really see it mentioned online is when the oppenent happens to be brought up. That team wasn't ready to win a NC anyway.

When I think of the late Division II UND football teams (early to mid 90s and on), I personally think of an absolutely physical, dominant defense and a punishing running game. Unbelievable Linebackers. I actually think those attributes would fit UND better in the Big Sky than flinging it around and trying to shoot it out everygame. Which may be the point of the Bison playoff game in Montana State a few years back...NDSU basically manhandled them. UND has some history there to suggest it could do the same.

Just my thoughts.