SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Quote my post where I said the law shouldn't apply to them.

It is one thing for someone to say if they are liable than they should be held responsible. I agree with that completely. But for him to say that he flat out wants them to be sued for dollar amounts that are likely more than all of their net worths combined, I find that to be too much and I take issue with that sentiment.

See, there is a difference between "real world" and "the law". The law is just part of the real world. In the real world, there are often civil court remedies besides the legal system. You can win or lose in the legal system, and still face issues in civil court. The 15 people that forged documents and committed election fraud stopped a process on which hundreds of thousands of dollars were already spent, and more hundreds of dollars were going to be spent. The process was stopped as a direct result of their actions. Their actions cost people money. In the real world, the people that lost money because of those actions may have recourse to try and recover money from the people responsible for the loss. And that doesn't take into consideration all of the people that legally signed petitions or in some other way supported the measures. This is all part of the "real world". That is what can sometimes happen if you do something stupid, and why it is important to teach college students not to do stupid things.

Bohl made a statement in a public forum. He should be responsible for living up to it or should be called on it. No, I didn't bother watching the debate last night. I do hope that both candidates are called on any statements they made that are not accurate. But because political candidates make questionable statements doesn't give others like football coaches free reign to do the same. But it is nice to have it confirmed that Bohl is not always telling the whole truth and has a specific agenda.

I never said that Bohl should get rid of anyone. I said that he should have done more to teach lessons to young people on their way to becoming adults, rather than set the example that winning is the only thing. He has not done his complete job, he has concentrated too much on the on-field competition side and not enough on the student development side. These are college students, and someone will make a mistake. But they don't learn not to make those mistakes if they are taught that winning football games overcomes all mistakes. Sorry if you can't comprehend that part. And I'm sorry if my standards are higher than yours, you just keep going with the old Al Davis theory of life, "Just win, baby".

I don't know why I would be out picketing. I have made my point. I have a feeling that both the coach and the AD probably wonder if they could have done something differently also. I also have a feeling that part of the reaction to the party incident was a result of that. They took several steps after the party incident that they normally would not take, therefore, those were probably a reaction to the players not learning from before the party. So the coach and the AD have already made a correction and don't need me picketing.

Who are you to say that they need added punishment to be certain they learned their lesson. As has been stated in the paper many times, punishments are being handled internally.

I don't have children and I don't know if you do either, but when I do, internal family punishments will be much more severe than anything a judge or a police officer could give my son or daughter. If your concern is truly that they are taught to be good young men and take heart in the lesson to be learned, then how can you be certain that hasn't been handled already? In reality, having them learn a lesson isn't your true agenda here. It is to see your rival school stumble and nothing more.

I played for Coach Bohl for 3.5 seasons, trust me when I tell you, they have been punished sufficiently to have learned their lesson on this one.

Are you related to DaveK? I feel like I am arguing with his long lost brother... You really don't grasp the concept - there was a group of people that had invested 100.000.00 in a cause, said moron football players tried to defraud the state of North Dakota they need to pay...

What aren't you getting? I have stated many times that if they are liable they should be held to account for it.

See, there is a difference between "real world" and "the law". The law is just part of the real world. In the real world, there are often civil court remedies besides the legal system. You can win or lose in the legal system, and still face issues in civil court. The 15 people that forged documents and committed election fraud stopped a process on which hundreds of thousands of dollars were already spent, and more hundreds of dollars were going to be spent. The process was stopped as a direct result of their actions. Their actions cost people money. In the real world, the people that lost money because of those actions may have recourse to try and recover money from the people responsible for the loss. And that doesn't take into consideration all of the people that legally signed petitions or in some other way supported the measures. This is all part of the "real world". That is what can sometimes happen if you do something stupid, and why it is important to teach college students not to do stupid things.

Thanks for the lesson on our country's civil court system. I understand how it works. What I don't understand is why someone who has no horse in the race (Goon) would "want" them to be found liable.

There are times when I think it would be a good idea to start playing this game again, but reading and being involved in this thread is making me not miss it one bit.

This relationship is so toxic on both sides. Both sides lose any semblance of rationality or objectivity and it is physically difficult to read.

Someday I hope this rivalry gets back up and running, but I do not miss the toxic bs that gets spewed back and forth. It brings out the worst out of both fanbases.

I think NOT playing a game makes this stuff worse. It's all we can talk about. I'd rather have the two fanbases saying how NDSU X player shut down UND Y player and how the UND RB took down that LB from NDSU to get that big first down.

I think NOT playing a game makes this stuff worse. It's all we can talk about. I'd rather have the two fanbases saying how NDSU X player shut down UND Y player and how the UND RB took down that LB from NDSU to get that big first down.

You're probably right about that. At least we'd have something else to debate.

Thanks for the lesson on our country's civil court system. I understand how it works. What I don't understand is why someone who has no horse in the race (Goon) would "want" them to be found liable.

How do you know that Goon doesn't have a horse in the race? One of the petitions was to set up an Outdoor Heritage Fund. Goon is pretty well know to be very fond of hunting. That Outdoor Heritage Fund was going to be set up to support wildlife in the state. Maybe he supported that measure. I have no idea if he supported either measure, but you are making a large assumption by saying that he has no horse in the race. Or, maybe he is just tired of people getting off with little or no penalty and believes that they should pay for their crime.
  • Upvote 1

How do you know that Goon doesn't have a horse in the race? One of the petitions was to set up an Outdoor Heritage Fund. Goon is pretty well know to be very fond of hunting. That Outdoor Heritage Fund was going to be set up to support wildlife in the state. Maybe he supported that measure. I have no idea if he supported either measure, but you are making a large assumption by saying that he has no horse in the race. Or, maybe he is just tired of people getting off with little or no penalty and believes that they should pay for their crime.

So given we don't have that information unless he wants to tell us, don't you think it comes off as petty to want your rival school's kids to get in trouble?

Nah, I don't have a dog in this fight... You must have missed the fact that I spend a lot of hours hunting ducks and an occasional pheasant each fall... This ballot measure would have benefited many duck hunters such as my self.

So given we don't have that information unless he wants to tell us, don't you think it comes off as petty to want your rival school's kids to get in trouble?

You don't have to give a reason as a basis for an opinion on these forums. No, I don't think he came off as petty. They got in trouble all on their own, he was expressing an opinion on what they should receive as a penalty.

The reason the posts become toxic is when certain Bison fans write their repetitive bs on here.

A serious topic about UND would not be on the main board at bisonville. It would be in the commons. Equivalent to not being read.

Nah, I don't have a dog in this fight... You must have missed the fact that I spend a lot of hours hunting ducks and an occasional pheasant each fall... This ballot measure would have benefited many duck hunters such as my self.

Plus maybe some of us actually signed those petitions....my name (if I would have signed it) could have been next to Hillary Clinton. :lol:

Just in the smack forum where BVillers would take their shots at.

That's true. The smack forum and the commons (or equivalent) are where this discussion belongs on siouxsports. Bury the topics so that your members can go there and wring their hands over problems at NDSU.

I'm sure that's the reason you're angry about it. Nothing to do with it being NDSU I have no doubt.

Take the topic down and focus on your own programs. This thread would have been long gone at bisonville if it were about UND.

Funny....there is a thread going on over there about the player's day in court. But it should be shut down here?

Concern yourselves with the Eastern Washington game. As far as discipline is concerned, concern yourselves with the butt problems in your hockey program. There are many ways to get a high. I never thought of using the butt.

This is the Community forum

Topics of interest at UND, in Grand Forks, and in North Dakota. No politics, please. Sorry NDSU is not outside of the state.

So where is the thread on synthetic drugs? That would cover UND, GF and North Dakota. Oh thats right no NDSU players ivolved. There is a reason your named Daryl