SiouxSports.com Forum

Realistic Expectations for UND in the Big Sky

ALPHAGRIZ1

Ok, well thanks for the info. But just know that UND fans are well educated people and we use it in the gramitically correct verson (the). Ok, sorry for the sidetrack. back on topic.

Realistinc expectation fo UND this year in the Big Sky would be 4 wins in the conference and maybe a non conference win against Portland St. Combine that with the SD Mines game and that is 6 wins for us this year. I think that is attainable.

That seems realistic I'd say.

Of course those are the minimum expectations. I expect UND to at least do that. While 6 wins is attainable, so is 8 or even 9!! Playing the top 5 teams in the Big Sky preaseason poll is going to be tough, but we have 3 of those top5 5 teams at our place so that deffinitely helps. How we play against Portland State will deffinitley tell a lot what we can expect from this team this year.

• Upvote 2

I'm from Montana and new to Grand Forks, I am excited UND is now a member of the Big Sky Conference and will host UM at the Alerus Center October 20th. Despite what has been an ugly offseason, the team has put all that behind them and is focused on the upcoming season. Montana has a great fan base and will bring many to Grand Forks. I am planning on securing a spot in the tailgate area for pre-game festivities. Hope to meet some UND fans in the process over some BBQ and beers, because as a fan of FCS football I will be a regular at UND games at the Alerus Center. I like the City of Grand Forks, and I think will enjoy living here.

• Upvote 1

The Big Sky is a well balanced league. I project UND will finish 6-2 with wins over Sac, Cal Poly, EWU, NAU, setting up a big game with Montana (Montana wins) , BEAT MSU!!!, S. Utah is a tossup (seriously), and beat N. Colorado. Make the playoffs and play NDSU.

• Upvote 1

The Big Sky is a well balanced league. I project UND will finish 6-2 with wins over Sac, Cal Poly, EWU, NAU, setting up a big game with Montana (Montana wins) , BEAT MSU!!!, S. Utah is a tossup (seriously), and beat N. Colorado. Make the playoffs and play NDSU.

I don't feel too confident against EWU as they have a serious passing game and that has been our weakness. I would love to beat MSU in Bozeman and I cannot wait for the game against Montana in the Alerus Center!

So is it safe to say that you will be converted to a UND fan as time goes on? ;) And welcome to the board!

I will support UND against any team not named Montana Grizzlies. I bleed Maroon and Silver. That said, I tabbed UND to beat EWU for the simple fact that they cannot stop the run, which with the solid line UND has, will be a problem for the eagles, thus keeping them offense off their ugly (red) field. Montana State has been exposed as of late, Especially in the thrashings they took at the hands of my beloved Grizzles and by Sam Houston. Beat MSU, and I'm throwing a party! So I might ask, which is the best Sports Bar here in Grand Forks?