SiouxSports.com Forum

Sat Night vs Minnesota

WiSioux

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy UND's style of hard nosed hockey between the whistles but all of the crap after the whistles and in the handshake line has no place in hockey.

So if Ambroz did slash Blood after the final whistle as it is purported, you will be willing to call him the instigator?

O.k. I'll buy that, but do you think for one second that the Minnesota fanbase wouldn't be crying goon if one of their players got injured in the same circumstance?

Definitely. Both could have, and probably should have been called penalties but since they let one go I understand seeing the 2nd one being a non call. I don't understand how he hurt his shoulder on that. I watched the replay a few times and just don't see how it happened. It's almost like a freak injury. I almost wondered if he didn't separate when he hit the ice, not the boards.

So if Ambroz did slash Blood after the final whistle as it is purported, you will be willing to call him the instigator?

He did slash blood, I will say that, But did you notice the slap shot with 1.6 Seconds left by Blood that lead to that? Don't try to tell me he was putting that on net, because he was nowhere near aiming for the next. If is aim is that bad he would be playing Jr Gold somewhere.

This stuff happens between these 2 teams always has and always will. Both Gopher and UND fans just have to deal with it.

• Upvote 2

We'll see how it plays out. I will bet you it will be because of the gophers that it doesn't take place, unless they expect it to be in their barn every year. I'll say it again why are you scheduling long-term agreements with one team when you want to keep your fanbase happy and play regional rivals like St. Cloud, Duluth, Mankato, North Dakota, etc. Lucia has frequently left the name North Dakota out of his conversation when talking about the need to come up with scheduling agreements. Proof will be in the pudding I guess, but if it doesn't happen, you need not look any further than the coach the everybody was wanting fired a year ago.

Pretty sure alot of the schedule has to do with UND and the whole nickname issue. Pretty sure Minnesota will not play UND if the Sioux name does stick around. Obviously they play now because they are conference opponents, but that will change when the Gopher go to the BigJOKE Conference.

Bertibm's comments nailed everything. Overall I think officiating was good this weekend. Many non calls but they went both ways. Both Kristo and Alt were more than deserving of their game misconducts. and both nights the better team won. Can't really complain. Blood should have been smarter than to do that in the hand shake line, though. He received a misconduct for it so i'm just curious, since it was after the game was done does he miss the next game or is it basically a wash? I'd assume it's just a wash.

If Blood had an issue with Hansen / Ambroz, why did he go after Rau? Just shake hands and do paybacks during games. Makes Blood look silly.

He didn't go after Rau, He went after Ambroz, and yes the coaches should have used judgement after the altercation. I saw how angry Blood was, did Hakstol not see the same?

Both teams were guilty of stuff, but come on he DID grab Rau look at the replay.

Hope O'Donnell (sp?) is ok. I hate seeing that happen to a player and hope the injury won't linger. I don't like seeing this rivarly end after next year. Good luck the rest of the way despite what the fans think of the other.

Pretty sure alot of the schedule has to do with UND and the whole nickname issue. Pretty sure Minnesota will not play UND if the Sioux name does stick around. Obviously they play now because they are conference opponents, but that will change when the Gopher go to the BigJOKE Conference.

They are no longer the Sioux, so that shouldn't be an issue.

He didn't go after Rau, He went after Ambroz, and yes the coaches should have used judgement after the altercation. I saw how angry Blood was, did Hakstol not see the same?

WHAT? The video pretty much shows he went after Rau......I missed the end and saw the replay but I'm pretty sure it was Rau he hit?

If Blood had an issue with Hansen / Ambroz, why did he go after Rau? Just shake hands and do paybacks during games. Makes Blood look silly.

I was wondering that too, and I do agree. Blood does look like the silly one in that.

WHAT? Watch the replay. He went after Rau during the handshake