SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ UMKC

bincitysioux

They flew back from Kansas today and now have to bus to South Dakota on Friday to play on Saturday. That will flat wear anybody down. Such a brutal road stretch.

Isn't that just going to prepare the team for life in the Big Sky? I can tell you right now the trip to Cedar City is not something a single Bison coach or media person looks forward to.

Green Team....I agree. Huff has to be aggressive offensively. Points have to scored. We need 1 or 2 more guys to take shots. It's just a given, Huff and Mitchell take a nice percentage of our shots, but they have too. Shuler and Allard need to take more shots. But I'm sure we will be fine as the year goes on. Go Sioux!

Agree, Huff needs to stay aggressive but just alittle smarter once he is double teamed. I think Anderson and Schuler are the ones that need more shots. They both take very good shots and rarely ever force a shot that is not wide open. Both seem to look for the wide open man also. I think Allard just needs to play hard defense and rebound. Allards career shooting percentages are not good at all. In fact they are bad from every perspective so I dont think he needs to shoot more. We only have 6 players that have proven they can score and that is Mitchell and the 5 sophomores. Outside that there is basically nothing. Our bench points are basically Schulers. I realize we are still young but that term will be getting old soon and they need to start showing improvement in shot selection and defense. The next month is going to be brutal and I'm not sure we are going to be favored in many of our next 7-9 games. To me its all about getting ready for next year.

Sioux2013 I can finally for once say that I agree with you. Huff's shot selection has to improve, Allard plain and simple should be having a better career considering his potential, Shuler unfortunately is not the quickest/most athletic guard so for him its to get shots up unless he is wide open. Players like Haugen, Wilmer and Antwi SHOULD be giving us 5 points each. As far as Anderson, I like him as a player, but realistically, he will have those days where he is on some games and off some games. I think off when we play the bigger/stronger guards; I mean let's admit it, he is a true 5'6-5'7, what helps him is the heart he plays with. He will games where he rips it up (exciting watch). Does anyone have a Goodman update? That would give us some bench help besides Shuler.

Sioux2013 I can finally for once say that I agree with you. Huff's shot selection has to improve, Allard plain and simple should be having a better career considering his potential, Shuler unfortunately is not the quickest/most athletic guard so for him its to get shots up unless he is wide open. Players like Haugen, Wilmer and Antwi SHOULD be giving us 5 points each. As far as Anderson, I like him as a player, but realistically, he will have those days where he is on some games and off some games. I think off when we play the bigger/stronger guards; I mean let's admit it, he is a true 5'6-5'7, what helps him is the heart he plays with. He will games where he rips it up (exciting watch). Does anyone have a Goodman update? That would give us some bench help besides Shuler.

See, we can get along. Schuler is not as slow as everyone thinks. He does not have the quickness of Huff or Anderson for sure but he is very smart and if you notice he passes up shots for a more open player. Its hard to fault him on that but he does need to shoot more. Another problem is he does not get alot of touches. The offense stands him in the corner and I guess when penetration is made they hope his man collapses and he is open for a dish. Most of the time his man does not collapse and when his man does the dish is generally not made. Dont think you will get 5 points from Haugen cause he does not play. Wilmer would definately like to see 5 points from him. Antwi still looks alittle lost to me. Dont seem like he's played alot of half court offense but probably just run and gun in Canada. His shooting numbers are not good also. Last year our bench was Anderson, Benter, Clausen and this year its basically Schuler as far as points go. We really do need Goodman in the worst way to backup Huff and Mitchell. I believe he would be strong at either the 3 or 4 for scoring and rebounding.

• Upvote 1