SiouxSports.com Forum

Show the NSIC they don't belong in D2

Bisonfan1234

You have the right to your opinion, but I think many around UND have bought into a bunch of political crap. Think it out using your own brain, don't just go along a not question some of what UND is doing. I played football for RT and know what he is, and its a politician, and he fits right in with that whole crowd.

Verk62....Sounds like someone has a little built up animosity? Were you a bench warmer for RT? Sounds to me like you never liked Grand Forks, the sioux, or RT...that makes you just as biased as everyone else and your opinions are simply that opinions, they have no more merit than anyone else. Get off your high horse.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that because you played football at UND, all of us should bow down and kiss your feet? You must have think highly of yourself like some who play college sports do.
That is not at all how I am, I am just saying that I have a little more insite into the the football program and athletics at UND. You can take or leave my opinions but they are based on experience.

UND33

Verk62....Sounds like someone has a little built up animosity? Were you a bench warmer for RT? Sounds to me like you never liked Grand Forks, the sioux, or RT...that makes you just as biased as everyone else and your opinions are simply that opinions, they have no more merit than anyone else. Get off your high horse.

Refer to the statement above as far as my opinions, but you really have no basis for your opinions about me personally. I love the football program at UND even though I think they do a lot of stupid crap. Just to let you know an injury ended my playing days at UND far earlier what should have been. (part of the game) Another part of the game is nutting up and playing some tough opponents. "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" Eventually you will have to play some good teams if you want to reach the championship and you need to be prepared for those battles.

I actually suspect that most UND fans are in agreeement with Verk62. From the UND alumi I know, most want to move to D1AA and most think NDSU is making the right move. Also most want the game with NDSU to continune. I think the group of Sioux fans posting on this site are pretty slanted in thier view and don't reflect the majority.

oh...we'll be moving up too...in good time my friend...once all our facility issues are complete - with the completion of the Ralph's BB facility...we'll be just fine. SO - how's the renovation of the BSA coming?;) OOOPS - guess that's 5 million more you jokers will be looking for....glad you got the retrofits of the Fargobard done before you made the move (lame as they are)...you might be ahead of us in MOVING FORWARD but you're miles (and millions) behind in facilities...

You'll be begging us to join your "newbie" DIAA conference in a few years once the Big Sky laughs you off...you think St. Mary's is any "better" than a UMC Crookston in your new "BIG" conference???

UND has not scheduled tough opponents outside of the conference in the past 5-10 years or so. I think the schedule is going to start setting the team up to fail in the big games, because they will not face the tough teams in season.

This isn't true. Everyone thought Mesa St. was crap this year and they won their conference. Last year we played a very good Central Washington team and the year before we went to Central Washington. The Crookston games were set up a long time ago. The games weren't necessarily for us. They were to help Crookston. Though getting your ass handed to you isn't helpful. Originally some games were supposed to be in Crookston as well. These games gave the local kids that wanted to go to UND but weren't good enough a chance to at least play UND. I would like to see us play a great DII team year in and year out, but I don't believe your whole nonconference schedule needs to be "great teams." Also, don't forget that games are sometimes scheduled years in advance. It's tough to know who'll be good and who won't.

UND sports has been about promoting the game. The hockey team does it all the time. They played Mankato when they first came up and then Bemidji. They even travel to these teams rinks to show the fans what big time college hockey is like.

Look at what Roy Williams does. He brought Kansas to Grand Forks. He makes sure all his players get to play against their home town / local college at home.

YEAH...it's really FAILED us this year!  I don't like playing Crookston anymore than you do but in the present world of DII - it pays!  Sorry for making it to the FINAL FOUR of college football...

We have had the ball bounce our way this year, several games we should have lost and pulled out. Great for UND, but most of those games should not have been that close. In almost all cases UND has been a far better team, but played down to the competition. Pitt State choked! and I just listened to that game. UND should have beat and had the ability to beat WSU by 30 and played down to them, I watched this game on dataflix.

You are an idiot if you don't think playing better opponents is going to make you a better team.

Cali,

UND did not know or think Mesa was any good and thats why they lost to them. When UND first scheduled Mesa they were a cupcake team. (thats why we used to play morehead as well) Central Washington was the same situation as Mesa.

Most of Crookstons starters are not directly from the area.

I like your point about basketball and hockey, but it is not the same thing. There is a limited amount of games in football, you need to get geared up and prepared for conference play right away. In basketball and hockey you could lose 5 to 10 games and still get a crack, in football with one conference loss you might get in, with two your almost always outside looking in. (NDSU this year)

This might change with the new playoff format next season, but who knows for sure.

UND did not know or think Mesa was any good and thats why they lost to them. When UND first scheduled Mesa they were a cupcake team. (thats why we used to play morehead as well)

Actually Mesa State was a deccent team when the home-home contract was signed. Like us, they had a sh*tty year last year. If you'll recall we throttled them last year and didn't even finish .500. Mesa ended up being a good team this year and we didn't expect that.

UND did not know or think Mesa was any good and thats why they lost to them.  When UND first scheduled Mesa they were a cupcake team. (thats why we used to play morehead as well)  Central Washington was the same situation as Mesa.

You're right that we schedule cupcakes to begin with. My point is that the games tend to be scheduled years in advance and like in this case we ended up playing a tough team. Even tough competition has bad years. Take us last year. Who in their right mind would've expected us to struggle so much?

Do I want to see them play tougher competition? Sure. But I think top to bottom the NCC has to be one of the top conferences. We get enough tough games in conference. This team has stepped up in every game, but what if we played two tougher nonconference opponents. We might have lost both and barely made the playoffs. Until DII changes I think we should play one "tough" opponent and then maybe some medium teams with a sure win thrown in there.

Edited by cheeringsiouxfromsmoggycali