SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

DOA for me too. Seems rather sad that you need a (relatively) HUGE dish to pull in a signal the Sioux shop offers a package to get. sounds like anybody but a pro or "tweaker" can't get jack.

Seems a sad case from "back in the day", prior to internet feeds, when I'd call a buddy and have them set the phone reciever next to the radio speaker just to get the game...

God bless the internet.

DOA for me too.  Seems rather sad that you need a (relatively) HUGE dish to pull in a signal the Sioux shop offers a package to get.  sounds like anybody but a pro or "tweaker" can't get jack. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And from the way it sounds, REA won't even acknowledge there is a problem. ;)

Still the same signals here, no break up at all on both systems, go Sioux!

Anyone looking for  tips or install advice and other stuff you can pick up with these systems I am over at

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=58

24/7, if you join up use PSB as your referance.

Go Sioux!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PSB,

What size of a DirecPC dish are you using?

I have the 90cm dish and am not getting anything on the FSSN but am getting a great signal on the three Chinese stations.

I am going to get a bigger dish.

Thanks!

Is anyone getting anything out there? I had a very pixelated picture for the start of the game and a 35% signal. I then lost the picture completely and the signal was bouncing all over the place from 0 to 35 to90 and back but never received the picture again. This is a joke. I have the system the siouxshop sells and can't get anything. Best college facility in the nation with state of the art electronics in it an all we get is bushleague results. ;) I have several Sioux friends here in Iowa that I would love to ask over to watch the games but it is so hit and miss this year it just isn't worth it.

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a 89% signal on the Chinese channels BTW. Maybe we could hire one of them to go to the Ralph and show them how to run all those fancy bells and whistles they have over there.

Is anyone getting anything out there?  I had a very pixelated picture for the start of the game and a 35% signal.  I then lost the picture completely and the signal was bouncing all over the place from 0 to 35 to90 and back but never received the picture again.  This is a joke.  I have the system the siouxshop sells and can't get anything.  Best college facility in the nation with state of the art electronics in it an all we get is bushleague results. ;) I have several  Sioux friends here in Iowa that I would love to ask over to watch the games but it is so hit and miss this year it just isn't worth it. 

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a 89% signal on the Chinese channels BTW.  Maybe we could hire one of them to go to the Ralph and show them how to run all those fancy bells and whistles they have over there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My experience (and sentiments) exactly, Nodaker.

I understand the Big dish small dish issue, But since the Ralph and UND won't listen get a bigger dish. The bigger dish will give you a bigger view of the satellite arch and since the signal is so low the bigger dish will help.

Its time to give up the Ralph is going to stand by their views and they are not going to increase their power no matter who we talk to. These are just my views but I have talked to enough people at the Ralph and they may be the wrong people to be in charge of a broadcast and uplink like UND Hockey.

All I can say is I am glad I'm not the only guy with a dish not getting reception. Don't feel as lonely. Frankly, the BIG difference between this year and last year has to be the change in frequency. It was clear and strong last year, but this year it's sh**! Very disappointing....

Can we get a count of how many of us are not getting an acceptable signal? send me an email to my shell email address and I'll count them up and post the results. email is toledolawyer@aol.com.

All I can say is I am glad I'm not the only guy with a dish not getting reception.  Don't feel as lonely.  Frankly, the BIG difference between this year and last year has to be the change in frequency.  It was clear and strong last year, but this year it's sh**!  Very disappointing....

Can we get a count of how many of us are not getting an acceptable signal? send me an email to my shell email address and I'll count them up and post the results. email is toledolawyer@aol.com.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep. This year has been a grade a crapfest for signal. Aimed the 30" dish to G3...Chinese channels..98!!! Sioux...10

Hooked up the DirecPC dish and got a steady 45. It is a 39x23 dish

All I can add is both my systems have out fine tonight, I use a 39"x23" DirecPC dish (got two left) but as I say even my 31" motorized dish is OK tonight!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know Pete. I just talked to you and can only get a 10 on my motorized ;)

I understand the Big dish small dish issue,  But since the Ralph and UND won't listen get a bigger dish. The bigger dish will give you a bigger view of the satellite arch and since the signal is so low the bigger dish will help.

Its time to give up the Ralph is going to stand by their views and they are not going to increase their power no matter who we talk to. These are just my views but I have talked to enough people at the Ralph and they may be the wrong people to be in charge of a broadcast and uplink like UND Hockey.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

very true cheesemover. Ive talked to a few and all I get is "it works here"

unreal that they dont want to help out their fans

I can assure you Iceberg the motorized system was fine for me tonight, the whole time I was talking to you I was on the 31" motorized dish. I can say that I have re-tweaked the dish this week after the HEAVY WINDS we had so it is peaked as best as I could get (as I do on EVERY install) I dont think my dish was blown off much or at all but what I did do was.....

At the bottom of my dish reflector there is a small hole so I zip tied it to the LNB arm and started tightening it up, as I watched my signal quality meter I noticed the quality (BER) go higher the more I tightend it, got it up quite a bit, as you also know the FTA Fox news feed on IA-6 has been very weal the past week or two, after my tweak its not breaking up any longer : ) So by pulling back on the dish at the bottom and distorting the dish shape I was able to make it collect more signal. Dont try this at home guys in case you make things worse!

But as pointed out above we should not have to be doing this, if you can get the CCTV channels you should be able to get the Sioux games.