SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

PVR, DVR, Tivo type unit

basically its a glorified VCR. Since I use the FTA receiver a lot, I decided to get one and consolidate. it allows me to watch two shows on same satellite at the same time (Picture in Picture) and record two shows.

So I can record the Sioux game and watch other stuff on same satellite (not much extra there) but other satellites have more :huh:

I had it hooked up for the Harvard game and could creat my own replays and stuff. Pause the game while I ran and got a pop too ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if all the satellite viewers this year are experiencing the following issues with the quality of the broadcast (compared to other channels):

-The volume is very low.

-The audio pops and clicks at times.

-The picture is too bright causing lots of light glare.

I watch all the games at Sensers, so I am just wondering if this is a Sensers issue or a FSSN issue.

Just wondering if all the satellite viewers this year are experiencing the following issues with the quality of the broadcast (compared to other channels):

-The volume is very low.

-The audio pops and clicks at times.

-The picture is too bright causing lots of light glare.

I watch all the games at Sensers, so I am just wondering if this is a Sensers issue or a FSSN issue.

I have not had any problems this year. (knock on wood) Bases on my experience I would say the problem is at Sensers.

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no problems here with 2 receivers

The audio is left channel only and I know if you leave up the right channel too there is some "noise" in the background. Sensers might want to change the setting on the receiver to left only

Picture is nice and clean :huh:

no problems here with 2 receivers

The audio is left channel only and I know if you leave up the right channel too there is some "noise" in the background. Sensers might want to change the setting on the receiver to left only

Picture is nice and clean :huh:

Agree with this post. Picture quality has been great up here. Only get the left channel from the original broadcast but it is clear and there is no popping.

Playing back the recorded game, however, will give you both channels on play back. I'm guessing that my recorder fixes the single channel to play back on both channels.

• 2 weeks later...

now I know it ain't much, but on IA8 (same satellite as Sioux) there is a couple "rivalry" basketball games this weekend

Montana/Montana State

Womens-2/10 8:05 CST

Mens-2/11 9:05 CST

IA8 (Telstar 4)

V

6148 symbol rate

also, you might want to scan it on weekends. There have been some other hockey games on that satellite (CCHA games)

Since this thread has been pretty tame this year

Has anybody had any issues this year getting the games in (other than the ones who had their dishes aimed at the old satellite) :lol:

Hopefully the Sioux use this same satellite next year

I have not had near the trouble I had from last years bird. I think I only had one or two games with a few minutes of pixelation. I don't get the 90% quality some of you talk about but I am getting anywhere from 5-15% more this year than last, usually around 45%.

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nodaker

what receiver do you have?

The Satworks is known for its low signal quality but its stable. My Pansat jumps from 75-90 all the time.

For last nights b-ball game I had the following readings on the different receivers(all from the same dish/LNB combo)

Coolsat-79 stable

Fortec-85 stable

Pansat-90 (between 80-91)

Satworks-46 stable

Viacast-74 (between 71-77)

so as you can see they all are different

Since this thread has been pretty tame this year

Has anybody had any issues this year getting the games in (other than the ones who had their dishes aimed at the old satellite) :D

Hopefully the Sioux use this same satellite next year

Yes, this satellite is far superior to last years. My quality rarely falls below 90%. Last year I was in the 35-48% range all season, and rarely made it through an entire game without any issues.

nodaker

The Satworks is known for its low signal quality but its stable. My Pansat jumps from 75-90 all the time.

For last nights b-ball game I had the following readings on the different receivers(all from the same dish/LNB combo)

Coolsat-79 stable

Fortec-85 stable

Satworks-46 stable

What's the deal with the Satworks? That's also what I used last year, this year I'm using a Fortec, which I'm very happy with.

Its just the way they are made. It is a very nice unit but it always seems to scare people when I say the Satworks gets 45 and the Pansat gets a 90

The Satworks is a very stable machine for the meter

45-46-45-45-46-etc

Whereas my Pansat jumps

90-80-91-99-75-90-91-etc

I have a new Fortec that was stable last night for the b-ball games (83-84 consistent) The Fortecs are nice :D

• Downvote 1

Is anybody elses broadcast coming in in Black and white?

It came in B&W for the first 3 minutes then it was ok....Iceberg, my Satworks 3618 had a 63 Quality at the end of the 3rd period...I live in the MSP area and I have never seen it that high...this -250 weather must be good for satellite signals...

nodaker

Coolsat-79 stable

Fortec-85 stable

Satworks-46 stable

I have a Satworks ST3618

Basketball on Thurs was around 60-63 but I saw a 80 once last night during the hockey game. I seem to be all over the place this year but one thing is for sure, it is much better.

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Satworks ST3618

Basketball on Thurs was around 60-63 but I saw a 80 once last night during the hockey game. I seem to be all over the place this year but one thing is for sure, it is much better.

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signal jacked way high...82 on the quality tonite....never had more than 45 this season...wtf?

It came in B&W for the first 3 minutes then it was ok....Iceberg, my Satworks 3618 had a 63 Quality at the end of the 3rd period...I live in the MSP area and I have never seen it that high...this -250 weather must be good for satellite signals...

damn....I didnt know the Satworks went that high :huh:

My Fortec was pegged at 99 for both nights

• Downvote 1

Over the last couple of seasons, Directv has added Fox Sports North/Wisconsin for nothing when Wisconny is playing the Sioux. Wonder if they will pop on Fox Sports-Rocky Mountain this weekend for the Denver/Sioux game? I realize I can pay the extra $12 a month to get FSN-RM to watch the games. Any know if there is a lower price to just add the Sports networks for just the weekend?:D?

Go Sioux!!!