SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

Is there a coaches show before tonight's game and if so - will it be on FSSN?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

honestly dont know....they werent on last year

check about 6:50...if the Sioux logo is up, then there might be. Otherwise, it will have the logo about 7:15 tonight and 6:45 tomorrow

I have DirecTV, with WDAZ as one of my local channels. Has anyone else with a FTA set-up noticed that the picture quality is much better on the FTA than DTV? I know last year when games were also on WDAZ, I always fired up the FTA receiver and watched on that because the picture is so much better. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

I have DirecTV, with WDAZ as one of my local channels.  Has anyone else with a FTA set-up noticed that the picture quality is much better on the FTA than DTV?  I know last year when games were also on WDAZ, I always fired up the FTA receiver and watched on that because the picture is so much better.  Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How is everyone's audio tonight? Mine seems low?

90% quality and looking good.  1.2m Primestar dish.  I have never seen the replays of a prior game before though, is that new?  Also saw the disclaimer about the private broadcast.  That's new from last year also.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes the replay thing is new

the disclaimer was up for the football game.

I have DirecTV, with WDAZ as one of my local channels.  Has anyone else with a FTA set-up noticed that the picture quality is much better on the FTA than DTV?  I know last year when games were also on WDAZ, I always fired up the FTA receiver and watched on that because the picture is so much better.  Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes it is

The FSSN feed we get is the clean feed...sent up to the satellite

WDAZ would be a feed as such

FSSN feed gets beamed up and back to WDAZ studios

WDAZ gets beamed up and back to DirecTV & Dish

Signal gets compressed and bemed back to your receiver

Thats 2 extra runs for Dish/Direct.

Dish/Direct compress 10-12 channels per transponder...The FSSN feed would be compared to probably 2 :D

the prething audio is low but the game was nice and loud

They are using left audio only

74 SOLID here in Minneapolis...76cm dish and .3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Iceberg, (or anyone else with similar equipment)

what are you getting for a signal on the WDSU station?--or any other "everyday" station? I installed the Xtreme .3 last night (with 75cm dish, and satworks 3618) and the best I could pull in was a 44. (an improvement of 5 points) from when I started. Seeing as the weather here was perfect (in MSP) and thats the best I could get, I'd like to compare to someone else's reception of the same thing. I guess 5 points is a 12% improvement and I would have LOVED to have those 5 points on last season.

Marff (Im in MSP too)

For the Sioux, I have a Pansat 1500 which seems to have a wider signal range and can get a 75 solid

The Satworks I have (3688) the signal has been at about 43-44

WDSU is at about a 60 for the Pansat...43 for the Satworks

All 4 games I have had NO issues with signal this year :D

(76cm dish and a .3)

Marff (Im in MSP too)

For the Sioux, I have a Pansat 1500 which seems to have a wider signal range and can get a 75 solid

The Satworks I have (3688) the signal has been at about 43-44

WDSU is at about a 60 for the Pansat...43 for the Satworks

All 4 games I have had NO issues with signal this year :D

(76cm dish and a .3)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent (like Mr Burns on the Simpsons). thanks. at least I know I'm in the ballpark.

Big weekend on FSSN

Friday's game I guess is at 7:00 (not 7:30)...then the football Saturday at 1 and hockey at 7

Very happy the signal is good this year...making it fun to watch the games and not worry about the signal crapping out :)