SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

I pointed my dish to the new satellite, Intelsat America 8, a few days ago. Locked it in around 90% signal on the test card channel (11974 V, S/R 5.632) and it worked great for days. I flipped it on last night just to check it, and there is nothing. Still nothing today. Did the test card go down? Is there a different transponder I can try? It's not an equipment problem because I can still get all the Chinese channels on G3C when I turn the dish. Any ideas?

do a scan...the test channel switched symbol rates

new symbol rate is 3979 instead of 5632

11974 V 3979

also sometimes the test card goes off the air due to other stuff near it (especially weekends) :lol:

also, 12190 H 3978 has the NBC from New Orleans (WDSU). They are broadcasting from the PBS station in Baton Rouge now :huh:

Do you ever come to GF & do any installs ?

are you referring to me or PSB? Both of us live in the TC (sadly). I'd love to make a GF trip one of these days :lol:

Or does anyone else here do them ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hopefully someone local can help you with that

uh oh...just checked the ralph site for the schedule and saw this little note

"Satellite Coordinates

This information is for authorized receiving sites only.

Permission must be obtained to watch these broadcasts.

Satellite Coordinates 05-06

Intelsat Americas 8 at 89.0

we should be able to (as long as they are unencrypted and on KU band)

I think they put that there because when we had issues last year with our signals in the crapper, we e-mailed Jamie (I did) with our issues.

You have to remember, this is more designed for the cable companies outside of GF to pick the games up. The fact that we can get it is a plus. Remember...there are LOTS of alumni around the country that want to view the games :silly:

nothing to worry about

10 days til first game on FSSN :D

Football

10/01/05 UND vs. St Cloud State 1:00 PM

10/29/05 UND vs. Nebraska-Omaha 1:00 PM

Men's Hockey

10/2/05 UND vs. Manitoba 7:05 PM

10/14/05 UND vs. Northeastern 7:35 PM

10/15/05 UND vs. Northeastern 7:05 PM

10/28/05 UND vs. Denver 7:35 PM

10/29/05 UND vs. Denver 7:05 PM

11/04/05 UND vs. Wisconsin 7:35 PM

11/05/05 UND vs. Wisconsin 7:05 PM

12/9/05 UND vs. Minnesota 7:35 PM

12/10/05 UND vs. Minnesota 7:05 PM

12/17/05 UND vs. Bemidji State 7:35 PM

12/29/05 UND vs. Harvard 7:05 PM

12/30/05 UND vs. Harvard 2:05 PM

1/20/06 UND vs. Minnesota State 7:35 PM

1/21/06 UND vs. Minnesota State 7:05 PM

1/27/06 UND vs. St Cloud State 7:35 PM

1/28/06 UND vs. St Cloud State 7:05 PM

2/17/06 UND vs. Minnesota Duluth 7:35 PM

2/18/06 UND vs. Minnesota Duluth 7:05 PM

3/03/06 UND vs. Michigan Tech 3:30 PM

3/04/06 UND vs. Michigan Tech 3:30 PM

I called Jamie about permission to get the games and was told that for private, home use there is no issue. That is, don't worry about it.

As to why the move, I understood (from our converstaion) that because FSSN is not 24/7 they essentially got booted.

In april of '04 I bought a receiver/dish to get FSSN, kept putting off installing it and the next thing I knew the season was underway, too busy to work on it with baby one the way.......I WILL get it up this weekend (fingers crossed) but I have read psot about the bad signal last year, needs for bigger dish, different LNB......here is what I have today:

Satwork ST 3688 receiver

LNB Box says Input 11.7-12.2 Ghz Output 950-2150 Mhz Gain-60 db typ LO: 10.750 Ghz NF: 0.6 db

the Dish is about 30 inches across.........

Is this going to work if I put it up (assuming I put it up correctly) or do I need something else?

Thanks!!!!

I called Jamie about permission to get the games and was told that for private, home use there is no issue.  That is, don't worry about it.

As to why the move, I understood (from our converstaion) that because FSSN is not 24/7 they essentially got booted.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Must just apply to the pay-per-view entrepenures.

In april of '04 I bought a receiver/dish to get FSSN, kept putting off installing it and the next thing I knew the season was underway, too busy to work on it with baby one the way.......I WILL get it up this weekend (fingers crossed) but I have read psot about the bad signal last year, needs for bigger dish, different LNB......here is what I have today:

Satwork ST 3688 receiver

LNB Box says Input 11.7-12.2 Ghz  Output 950-2150 Mhz  Gain-60 db typ  LO: 10.750 Ghz NF: 0.6 db

the Dish is about 30 inches across.........

Is this going to work if I put it up (assuming I  put it up correctly) or do I need something else?

Thanks!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

should be fine :huh:

if the signal isnt the best, you might want to get a better LNB (like a 0.3 or .4)