SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

For those of you with an old analog receiver (or an old C/Ku band setup), the press conferences are on analog KU (live and uncut) :lol:

All times Eastern

Individual Team Press Conference (Head Coach and selected Student-Athletes)

Wednesday, April 6

KU Band, SBS6, Transponder 17, downlink freq. 12120 MHz (H)

1:05-1:45 p.m.

Game No. 1 Visiting Team

2:20-3:00 p.m.

Game No. 1 Home Team

3:35-4:15 p.m.

Game No. 2 Visiting Team

4:50-5:30 p.m.

Game No. 2 Home Team

Post-Game Semifinals Press Conference

Thursday, April 7

3:50-5:15 p.m.

Semifinal No. 1 Teams

8:50-10:15 p.m.

Semifinal No. 2 Teams

Individual Team Press Conference (Head Coach and selected Student-Athletes)

Friday, April 8

KU Band, Galaxy 11, Transponder 16, downlink freq. 12020 MHz (V)

11:35-12:15 p.m.

Semifinal No. 2 Winner

12:20-1:00 p.m.

Semifinal No. 1 Winner

Post-Game Semifinals Press Conference

Thursday, April 7

3:50-5:15 p.m.

Semifinal No. 1 Teams

8:50-10:15 p.m.

Semifinal No. 2 Teams

• 4 months later...

2 football games on FSSN this year

Fighting Sioux on TV: The Fighting Sioux Sports Network will televise two home game in 2005, Oct. 1 vs. St. Cloud State and Oct. 29 vs. Nebrska-Omaha.

The Fighting Sioux Sports Network (FSSN) covers Midcontinent Cable systems in North Dakota and Minnesota. The Midcontinent Cable telecast can be seen on Channel 23 in Grand Forks. Check local listings for the FSSN channel numbers in your area

Crap.  Does this mean if my dish is pointing toward Galaxy 3C, I now have to find somebody to come out and re-position my dish?  Is it still KU?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes it still is KU....IA8 is KU only

yes you'll need someone to reaim it. Where ya located?

IA8 is only 6 degrees east of G3 so its pretty easy ;)

Crap.  Does this mean if my dish is pointing toward Galaxy 3C, I now have to find somebody to come out and re-position my dish?  Is it still KU?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And I talked to Pete (PSB) Monday and he took another job so he's only available on weekends to do private work. I'll have to move mine as well...(crossing fingers)

If anyone has a free station or a test link listed for this satelite so I can find it before the games I would appreciate it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IA-8

Test Card

DFreq : 11974 MHz(V) SR: 5.632 Msps

video/308 audio/256 PCR/8190

You can use the above to point your dish to the new IA-8 satellite, but just as The Berg said best to wait a bit yet (IMO)

Lets all hope for better signal quality this season!

Go Sioux!

"Just back from Minot ND." : )

I just wanted to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH, PSB. Just got off the phone with him helping to find the new satellite for the upcoming FSSN broadcast season. I only use my system for Sioux games, so I thought I would find the satellite now, rather than when it is 5 degrees outside. PSB was a big help tonight, not the first time he has helped me so I can pick up UND games. For anyone looking to invest in a FTA satellite system so that you can watch the Sioux, I highly recommend contacting PSB for all of your equipment and/or questions. The first post in this thread will lead you to him. Once again, thanks alot PSB, I appreciate it. I'm looking forward to another great season of watching Sioux athletics in the comfort of my own home thanks to you.

Wow! Its me who should be thanking you guys!

Thanks for taking me in and accepting me as a Sioux fan, it means a lot!

Go Sioux!

I was in Minot ND. just last week but never did get a chance to visit Grand Forks ;)

For those of you with systems:

I'm going to be moving to Minneapolis around New Years and definately will be missing the chance to go to every home game. So I figure if I can get a satellite system then I'll be good.

First off, how much does a good system cost? How much for installation?

Also, which direction does it need to be pointed? When looking for apartment I would like to know where I need to be in order to have the dish pointed in the right direction. If it comes down to it I'll just end up at the bar every friday and saturday night.

For those of you with systems:

I'm going to be moving to Minneapolis around New Years and definately will be missing the chance to go to every home game.  So I figure if I can get a satellite system then I'll be good. 

First off, how much does a good system cost?  How much for installation?

Also, which direction does it need to be pointed?  When looking for apartment I would like to know where I need to be in order to have the dish pointed in the right direction.  If it comes down to it I'll just end up at the bar every friday and saturday night.

If you're going to the TC, contact PSB. I'll I can say is go with the biggest dish possible. I use an old primestar dish, which works great. The bigger the dish, the better the reception. Hopefully, the new satellite will be better than last year's, as many with smaller dishes had problems last season. The dish needs to have a clear veiw of the southern sky. I think you could probably get a decent system for around $300, as long as you are only worried about getting Sioux games, and no other programming. I have used both Fortec and Satwork (which is what REA used to sell) receivers. In my opionion the Fortec is a far superior receiver, it costs a little more but not that much.

a good system just for Sioux games can be had for a couple hundred bucks. As noted above, bigger the dish the less headaches you'll have.

Last year there was an issue with the 30" dishes picking it up all the time...hopefully with the new satellite move that will help.

Give PSB a call

www.psbsatellite.com

a good system just for Sioux games can be had for a couple hundred bucks. As noted above, bigger the dish the less headaches you'll have.

Last year there was an issue with the 30" dishes picking it up all the time...hopefully with the new satellite move that will help.

Give PSB a call

www.psbsatellite.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Psb also talked about a new low noise LNB, Invacom 0.3db, that is suppose to help. I am getting that since it is only around $60 shipped and very easy to change out. If I still have problems I will also upgrade to a bigger dish later. Hope this new satellite is better and there isn't a power problem this year.

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!