SiouxSports.com Forum

2011-2012 Hockey Schedule

Sioux-cia

Brad Schlossman has a tentative schedule on his blog. The UND SID said he hoped to release the official schedule this week.

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE

Oct. 7 -- AIR FORCE

Oct. 8 -- BC or MICH. ST.

Oct. 14 -- MAINE

Oct. 15 -- MAINE

Oct. 21 -- at Wisconsin

Oct. 22 -- at Wisconsin

Oct. 28 -- ST. CLOUD ST.

Oct. 29 -- ST. CLOUD ST.

Nov. 4 -- at Minnesota

Nov. 5 -- at Minnesota

Nov. 18 -- at Bemidji

Nov. 19 -- at Bemidji

Nov. 25 -- COLO. COLLEGE

Nov. 26 -- COLO. COLLEGE

Dec. 2 -- at Anchorage

Dec. 3 -- at Anchorage

Dec. 9 -- OMAHA

Dec. 10 -- OMAHA

Dec. 30 -- HARVARD

Dec. 31 -- HARVARD

Jan. 7 -- Winnipeg game

Jan. 13 -- MINNESOTA

Jan. 14 -- MINNESOTA

Jan. 20 -- at St. Cloud

Jan. 21 -- at St. Cloud

Jan. 27 -- WISCONSIN

Jan. 28 -- WISCONSIN

Feb. 10 -- at Duluth

Feb. 11 -- at Duluth

Feb. 17 -- MICH. TECH

Feb. 18 -- MICH. TECH

Feb. 24 -- at Denver

Feb. 25 -- at Denver

Mar. 2 -- MSU-MANKATO

Mar. 3 -- MSU-MANKATO

Mar. 9-11 -- WCHA first rd

Mar. 15-17 -- WCHA Final Five

Sioux-cia,

Are you trying to work in all 50 states ? Do you collect those state stickers they sell at rest areas and put them on your briefcase ?

No, although it sure looks like I am. I don't collect state stickers but I do try to 'acquire' a set of scrubs from every place I work, if they have them. :silly:

I've been to a couple hockey games in Boston when the Sioux played an invitational there a few years ago. If I'm still in the area, I'll go watch the Harvard game.

Sioux-cia,

If you get a chance,go check out the hockey arena at Northeastern University. It is REALLY old--I believe it is the oldest college arena and one one of the oldest arenas anywhere. From what I remember it is near Fenway Park.A few years ago,I drove up to see the Sioux play there and sat next to FargoSioux and one of his children).

Sioux-cia,

If you get a chance,go check out the hockey arena at Northeastern University. It is REALLY old--I believe it is the oldest college arena and one one of the oldest arenas anywhere. From what I remember it is near Fenway Park.A few years ago,I drove up to see the Sioux play there and sat next to FargoSioux and one of his children).

Hey, thanks JFR!! I've been to Fenway but don't remember a hockey arena near there...but then again I wasn't looking for one! :)

What a crazy day that was getting to that game. Everyone told me that five and a half hours would be plenty of time to get from here at the New Jersey Shore to Boston. Well,the ENTIRE state of Connecticut was under construction. At one point,it took an hour to go one and a half miles. I am not a big fan of cities and really was hoping to get there with plenty of daylight. My ride up took NINE AND A HALF HOURS !!! When I finally sat down in my seat,there were five minutes left in the second period !!! I barely caught my breath and it was time to drive home which fortunately only took about five and a half hours. I must have had three gallons of Pepsi to keep me awake.At least the Sioux won !!!

• Upvote 1

What a crazy day that was getting to that game. Everyone told me that five and a half hours would be plenty of time to get from here at the New Jersey Shore to Boston. Well,the ENTIRE state of Connecticut was under construction. At one point,it took an hour to go one and a half miles. I am not a big fan of cities and really was hoping to get there with plenty of daylight. My ride up took NINE AND A HALF HOURS !!! When I finally sat down in my seat,there were five minutes left in the second period !!! I barely caught my breath and it was time to drive home which fortunately only took about five and a half hours. I must have had three gallons of Pepsi to keep me awake.At least the Sioux won !!!

That trip christened you a 'travelin' Sioux fan'!!! :D

Hey, thanks JFR!! I've been to Fenway but don't remember a hockey arena near there...but then again I wasn't looking for one! :)

Matthews Arena is close in terms of a metro area, but it's not really "close". It's within walking distance, but it's a decent hike. Then again, it was the middle of the night and I had a few in me when I made that walk. Apparently there was a park inbetween Matthews and Fenway you shouldn't walk through at night, but me and my buddy survived nonetheless. :D

Matthews Arena is close in terms of a metro area, but it's not really "close". It's within walking distance, but it's a decent hike. Then again, it was the middle of the night and I had a few in me when I made that walk. Apparently there was a park inbetween Matthews and Fenway you shouldn't walk through at night, but me and my buddy survived nonetheless. :D

I'll definitely remember that!

• 4 weeks later...

Not exactly excited about the game against Clarkson in Winnipeg. They should have at least tried to get the Canadian junior team or someone who would have generated more excitement than Clarkson.

Like the Jets... :D . What a game that would be!! It would be fun to see how out boys did against the pros.