SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU needs to get Indian approval

darell1976

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=24441&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=d17e3aae5b55fc23022cf40680d82e93

Re: Big Sky letter to UND

by cats2506 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:55 am

rereading the article posed by p8nted above

Oglala Lakota Oyate is a proper name not Oglala Sioux Tribe. Tatanka Oyate (Buffalo Nation) or Oceti Sakowin (Seven council fires) is our proper name not Sioux Nation.

Just wondering if the NCAA should look into the use of NDSU's mascot since Bison is basically derivative of Buffalo which is translated to Tatanka, which we all know has religious signification to the Native Culture, and which according to this guy Tatanka Oyate is the proper name of the tribe. If you follow this out UND should be able to keep the name but NDSU should have to change or get the tribes approval.

Maybe this poster has something there. Wouldn't that just set the city of Fargo on fire if all of a sudden NDSU ends up on the H&A list. :0

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=24441&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=d17e3aae5b55fc23022cf40680d82e93

Maybe this poster has something there. Wouldn't that just set the city of Fargo on fire if all of a sudden NDSU ends up on the H&A list. :0

I'm glad I checked the link because the thread is full of the rantings of the lunatic lakesbison. By page 2 he had worn out his welcome and was getting hammered by Bobcat and Bison fans alike, didn't take anyone too long to figure out what a nutcase he is. Didn't like having his little incident with the law brought up either, sent him into another rant.

I had heard he was posting crap on all the Big Sky boards but didn't feel like it was worth my time to look for it, if it's all like this he should be banned from another dozen fansites soon. How can you hate something this much that you spend all your time trying to run it down? He must be the most miserable son of a bitch on the planet, I almost pity him. Almost.