SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Champs = Fighting Sioux

Siouxtimestwo

Guys and gals, as much as it pains me to do this, I think I have to in order to ensure the Sioux any chance of winning. I will not be watching a single Sioux hockey game next year, not cause I'm embarrassed of the team or anything like that, but rather because I am submarining the team's chances by my continued fandom. Let me explain.

I enrolled at UND in the fall of 2000, only months after the Sioux put the finishing touches on their most recent championship season. Since I set foot on campus, UND has endured heartbraking loss after heartbraking loss come tourney time. Several years after graduation, I moved away, I loved out of state and wasn't able to follow the team as closely. Whenever I did see them play, they inevitably lost. I finally got to see them play in person again at the 2007 final five, only to see them lose on Blake Wheeler's diving goal. The next time I saw them in person was the Great Lakes Invitational debacle a few years ago. I watched on tv as our teams stocked with NHL stars either got embarrassed or fell victim to puck luck/hot goaltenders like last night. I simply don't see how one ten can be blessed with so much talent, coaching, work ethic, and character and continue to lose. It has to be my bad luck dragging them down.

Now a lot of team would kill to only have an 11 year title drought, but it's the way we've lost that leads me believe the Sioux are cursed and it is my doing. So I'm going to try a little experiment and be a Sioux fan from afar next year, for the benefit of the team and my blood pressure. When they win the title next year, you'll know why.

Go Sioux!

Guys and gals, as much as it pains me to do this, I think I have to in order to ensure the Sioux any chance of winning. I will not be watching a single Sioux hockey game next year, not cause I'm embarrassed of the team or anything like that, but rather because I am submarining the team's chances by my continued fandom. Let me explain.

I enrolled at UND in the fall of 2000, only months after the Sioux put the finishing touches on their most recent championship season. Since I set foot on campus, UND has endured heartbraking loss after heartbraking loss come tourney time. Several years after graduation, I moved away, I loved out of state and wasn't able to follow the team as closely. Whenever I did see them play, they inevitably lost. I finally got to see them play in person again at the 2007 final five, only to see them lose on Blake Wheeler's diving goal. The next time I saw them in person was the Great Lakes Invitational debacle a few years ago. I watched on tv as our teams stocked with NHL stars either got embarrassed or fell victim to puck luck/hot goaltenders like last night. I simply don't see how one ten can be blessed with so much talent, coaching, work ethic, and character and continue to lose. It has to be my bad luck dragging them down.

Now a lot of team would kill to only have an 11 year title drought, but it's the way we've lost that leads me believe the Sioux are cursed and it is my doing. So I'm going to try a little experiment and be a Sioux fan from afar next year, for the benefit of the team and my blood pressure. When they win the title next year, you'll know why.

Go Sioux!

I have a buddy who said the same thing to me last night. That he has cursed them! :lol:

Please don't do this. It has nothing to do with you. You only live so long, and why take a year off of rooting and watching your favorite team?

Go Sioux!

if the sioux win the frozen four next year then, for those that can make it, that will be the greatest weekend a sioux fan can experience. just think, a national title and an early april trip to tampa, florida.

Go Sioux!

I know your post is tongue-in-cheek but no one who bleeds green could ever be the cause of bad luck for this team. Next October, the ice will be clean, the blades will be sharp and the team will be rearin' to go. Watch them whenever and wherever you can! I know I will.

I was fortunate to see them win in person in '97 and '00 but I also witnessed them fall short in '05-'08 and '11. And at this moment I think what I always think at the end of a season: next year is OUR year.

I grew up a Bulldogs fan being from the area... came here in 2004.. Fell in love with the Sioux... it's a great team.. and as much as we all think about superstitions and curses.. It will happen when it happens! We have a great program and history.. you can't win them all!

Go Sioux!

If this says anything, I refuse to watch them live or on TV. After years of listening, I finally got to watch them on TV... that game was the FF of 2007. (:glare:) THEN, this past year I finally got to SEE them live in Omaha on Saturday night. (We lost 0-1.) But if I listen via The Fox with Tim Hennessey calling it, the Sioux are damn near undefeated. (If Tim's not calling it, I'm a wreck!)

To add further superstition:

I wear my Ralph #23 shirt on Friday. Saturday, I wear my "Tradition" shirt up until pregame. Upon pregame, I change to a different Sioux shirt that's sleeveless and put on the same Nike shorts. (I stay like that until the 2nd intermission). If the Sioux are up, I wear my green jersey; if they're down, I wear my white jersey and set a roll of foil next to the computer. :D

*Note* - If I can't be near the computer to listen, I always take my green jersey with me and keep it in the car.

GO SIOUX!!