SiouxSports.com Forum

Who will UND play?

Diggler

What I know for sure:

- UND's the only team I'm dead-solid-sure is in. A Manheim Steamroller concert at The Al (11/21) still has me worried about home field.

- Winona State got the best break imaginable.

- The MIAA has had two of the top four spots in the region for a month.

- The MIAA has a five-way tie for first.

Those last two I don't believe bode well for NDSU.

What I know for sure:

- UND's the only team I'm dead-solid-sure is in. A Manheim Steamroller concert at The Al (11/21) still has me worried about home field.

Roger seemed quite confident about home field when he was interviewed on the hockey post-game show last night, for whatever that's worth.

I wonder if the committe will look at past year's results. NDSU won the Midwest in 2000. UND won the Midwest Region in 2001. Northern Colorado won the Midwest a year ago. I think the NCC is deserving of two playoff teams. If winning the Region three years in a row doesn't show that, what will?? Plus, the MIAA has had two teams the past two years. It is about time they get just one.

I wonder if the committe will look at past year's results.  NDSU won the Midwest in 2000.  UND won the Midwest Region in 2001.  Northern Colorado won the Midwest a year ago.  I think the NCC is deserving of two playoff teams.  If winning the Region three years in a row doesn't show that, what will??  Plus, the MIAA has had two teams the past two years.  It is about time they get just one.

I agree that in terms of how good the teams actually are, the NCC is deserving of at least two bids. In fact, I would argue that UND, NDSU, UNO, St. Cloud St. and SDSU would all give pretty much anybody in the country all they could handle. However, having that third loss is likely going to doom NDSU, just as it will UNO.

Also, just one minor correction: in 2001, the MIAA only had one team--Pitt St.--get a bid. UND, UNO and Winona were the others.