SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four Tickets

Just got an e-mail from the NCAA offering more Frozen Four seats for sale. Mostly 200 sections on ends, mostly on the bar rails with high back chairs.

I suspect that some folks are looking. If so, this might be an opportunity for you.

I am surprised that these were apparently easier to come by in the lottery than in years past. Must be the economy.

As everyone knows, this is a volatile market. Depending on who is there, you may not be able to find a seat for your life,

or you might be able to take your pick of seats for $20 each.

Here is the linky:

Ticket Link

Sorry, it might be that this link times out. Not sure I can link it here. If you are looking, and know folks who bought tickets,

you may need them to lock them down for you.

Here is the info from the e-mail:

TO: Individuals Who Purchased Tickets to the 2011 NCAA Men’s Frozen Four.

SUBJECT: Additional Tickets Available for the 2011 NCAA Men’s Frozen Four.

Great news! A limited number of tickets to the 2011 NCAA Men’s Frozen Four at the Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul, Minnesota, have become available. We know that you have already purchased your tickets, but we wanted to provide you with the opportunity to purchase additional tickets if desired.

Here are a few very important notes regarding these tickets:

1. The tickets that you purchased through the online ticket application process last spring will be mailed to you via the United States Postal Service in late February/early March. Any additional tickets that you purchase through this offer will be mailed to you directly from the Xcel Energy Center in a separate mailing.

2. A maximum of four additional all-session tickets per household may be purchased.

3. Remaining available seating is located primarily in the 200 level of Xcel Energy Center in the end sections (208 – 215 and 223 – 230). Available 200 level seating includes reserved locations at bar rails with a high back bar stool for seating. Limited club level seating includes reserved locations at bar rails with a high back bar stool for seating. These seats WILL NOT be located with the seats that you purchased through the online ticket application process.

4. You will not receive any additional priority credit for purchasing these tickets and your seating location will NOT be dependent upon your current priority level. Seats will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis and seats will be assigned randomly.

5. You may access the link to purchase tickets by clicking here. You may use the account and password that you established during the online ticket application process.

As a reminder, these additional tickets will be mailed to you directly from the Xcel Energy Center and will ship separately from those tickets that you purchased through the online ticket application process.

We look forward to seeing you in Saint Paul!

Could you please tell me what the Frozen Four Friday Night is all about?

Years past, some skills competitions of collegiate skaters. This year, looks like Hobey and Humanitarian presentations, and other things. Open skate on the ice.

Here is the schedule:

FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE FROZEN FOUR

Xcel Energy Center

4 p.m. Gates open to public

4 p.m. Entry Giveaway 2,000 paper helmets courtesy of Bauer Xcel Energy Center; Gates 1 and 2

4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Autograph Session with two team finalists and Hobey Hat Trick,

presented by AT&T Xcel Energy Center; Team A at Section

123 & Team B at Section 110

5 p.m. RBK Hockey/AHCA Division I Mens All-America Team Announcement

5:30 p.m. Hockey Humanitarian Award Presentation

6 p.m. Hobey Baker Memorial Award Presentation

6:30 p.m. Science of Hockey Awards Ceremony

7 to 9:30 p.m. Open Skate with College Hockey Legends Bring your own skates;

skates also provided by Bauer

Xcel Energy Center

7 to 9:30 p.m. College Hockey Passport Program Interactive fun for all ages Xcel Energy Center

Years past, some skills competitions of collegiate skaters. This year, looks like Hobey and Humanitarian presentations, and other things. Open skate on the ice.

Here is the schedule:

FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE FROZEN FOUR

Xcel Energy Center

4 p.m. Gates open to public

4 p.m. Entry Giveaway

My wife and I are HUGE Sioux hockey fans and are thinking about going down for the Frozen Four, but if the Sioux are not there, we don't want to go. Any sugestions on where and when we can start to look for a SAFE place to buy tickets if the Sioux make it? I don't want to get taken. Any good advice would be appreciated.

My wife and I are HUGE Sioux hockey fans and are thinking about going down for the Frozen Four, but if the Sioux are not there, we don't want to go. Any sugestions on where and when we can start to look for a SAFE place to buy tickets if the Sioux make it? I don't want to get taken. Any good advice would be appreciated.

Ticket Broker sites are usually safe. USCHO.com fans are usually very trustworthy and reliable.

Problem might be, once the Sioux are locked in, the market is going to swing wildly with Sioux fans from everywhere wanting to go. Once that happens, the chance of getting a ticket at anywhere near the face value will slide south a shade. Can still be done, but the number of folks in the scrum will increase exponentially.

I recommend flying with confidence that the Sioux will be there. Look to buy now, while prices are still reasonable. On tickets that are even now still hard to find.

Once the Frozen Four field is announced, tickets will either be worth a dollar, or they will be worth a dime. Folks will be buying, and folks will be selling. The scalpies will try get their hands on as many of them as they can.

Buy now. Sell later if you need to do so. My advice. Who knows?

i would say go even if the sioux don't make it. the FF is a great place to watch college hockey and even better if the sioux make it!