SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Mens Hockey on broadcast TV

Oilcan89

I know this info is out there, but I cannot seem to find a good source.

I see on the Fighting Sioux site that Friday nights game is on FSSN, Midco SN(unsure what that is), and FCS Central. Saturdays game is on WDAZ, WDAY, FSSN, Midco SN and FCS Atlantic. I have Dish Network and I don't believe I have access to any of these channels. As I understand it Directv carries the FCS channels and I have watched games at my local sports cantina on FCS.

Here is my question: How do I determine what channel numbers FCS Atlantic or FCS Central are on the Directv lineup? One establishment I frequent has both Comcast and Directv with the Sports Package, but the staff has no clue what channel number FCS is. If I can tell them a number they are more than happy to turn the game on for me, but it is a hassle for them to search for it.

If someone knows what channel a particular game is on please post it on this page. ie....Fridays game is on FCS Central, which is available through Directv on channel 617. Or if Midco SN is available through a specific channel number on comcast. Or if a game is on the NHL network, etc, etc. I sometimes see television coverage info under a specific games page but ussually have to search the whole thread in hopes of finding it. This will be a central spot specifically for tv coverage info.

The national tv schedule on Inch seems incomplete and not up to date.

I do not intend for this to be a page for the FTA folks, as that is a whole other issue.

I know this info is out there, but I cannot seem to find a good source.

I see on the Fighting Sioux site that Friday nights game is on FSSN, Midco SN(unsure what that is), and FCS Central. Saturdays game is on WDAZ, WDAY, FSSN, Midco SN and FCS Atlantic. I have Dish Network and I don't believe I have access to any of these channels. As I understand it Directv carries the FCS channels and I have watched games at my local sports cantina on FCS.

Here is my question: How do I determine what channel numbers FCS Atlantic or FCS Central are on the Directv lineup? One establishment I frequent has both Comcast and Directv with the Sports Package, but the staff has no clue what channel number FCS is. If I can tell them a number they are more than happy to turn the game on for me, but it is a hassle for them to search for it.

If someone knows what channel a particular game is on please post it on this page. ie....Fridays game is on FCS Central, which is available through Directv on channel 617. Or if Midco SN is available through a specific channel number on comcast. Or if a game is on the NHL network, etc, etc. I sometimes see television coverage info under a specific games page but ussually have to search the whole thread in hopes of finding it. This will be a central spot specifically for tv coverage info.

The national tv schedule on Inch seems incomplete and not up to date.

I do not intend for this to be a page for the FTA folks, as that is a whole other issue.

Midco SN is the Midcontinent Sports Network. It is on all Midcontinent cable systems. The channel varies from town to town. In Grand Forks it is the same channel as the Fighting Sioux Sports Network. They use content like all of the FSSN productions, stuff from USD and high school sports.

As AZ said, Direct TV uses 617 and 623 for Fox College Sports most of the time, and uses 625 at times. From what I have seen they usually list the schedule a couple of days out. In other words, you can usually find the weekend schedule on Wednesday. It sometimes gets changed with little notice. But I believe that the UND games always make it to one of the 3 channels. You should be able to find it on the Direct TV web site.

You should also be able to figure out which channel your local Comcast system uses for FCS Atlantic, Central and Pacific. The 3 FCS networks will have their schedule posted about a week out. Figure out which channel is on which number for your system, and check the Fox College Sports web site to figure out where you can find the games.

Thanks for the information!

Back when we played the Beavers in Bemidji this season the game was broadcast on one of the public television stations(I believe it was KAWB Lakeland public television, channel 22 on dish) and that is one of the reasons I started this topic. The only reason I found out about that telecast was because I have "Sioux Hockey" as one of my DVR timers and it recorded it. Otherwise I would have missed watching the game only because I had no idea it was being shown on that obscure channel. It was one of the few games(other than when we play the Goophs on FSN) that I could watch using Dish network. Anyway, I love watching the Sioux and appreciate info that helps me to that end.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know if the Sioux/Seawolves game is being televised this Friday/Saturday? Dish, Directv, Comcast or otherwise?

For sure Comcast. All home games are televised on Comcast on the FCS channels with the sports pack. Not sure on the exact channel. I live in Minneapolis and it's in the 700s.

I believe they are not on Dish.

Anybody know if the Sioux/Seawolves game is being televised this Friday/Saturday? Dish, Directv, Comcast or otherwise?

According to Fightingsioux.com, both games will be on channel 617 on DirecTV................................as posted above, all home games, save for one or two exceptions throughout the season are on either 617, 623, or 625 on DirecTV.