SiouxSports.com Forum

Sad!

gfhockey

My skin just crawls thinking about this. I know I dropped my kids off at school today but yet I for a brief moment was hoping it was not them, even though I know they are safe in school. My prayers and thoughts go out to all involved.

That was the first thing I thought too, where is my daughter... Breaks my heart...

• 2 weeks later...

Please Sioux Nation pray for Ali Borgen who is having a tough time right now. I wanted to share this with the Sioux fans as they are the most caring and loving fans in the whole world. Little Ali's prognosis is not good but please pray for her. No little girl or family should have to go through this. Breaks my heart,. She and her family live in GF and they have such courage.

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/WeLoveAliB

You will need to create an account to view her story.

Please Sioux Nation pray for Ali Borgen who is having a tough time right now. I wanted to share this with the Sioux fans as they are the most caring and loving fans in the whole world. Little Ali's prognosis is not good but please pray for her. No little girl or family should have to go through this. Breaks my heart,. She and her family live in GF and they have such courage.

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/WeLoveAliB

You will need to create an account to view her story.

Ali is having a celebration of her short life in the coming days. She wants to see her friends and family now while she can still hug and hold them. God bless you Ali.

Ali is having a celebration of her short life in the coming days. She wants to see her friends and family now while she can still hug and hold them. God bless you Ali.

My god that is sad! I just spend the last half hour reading thru it. I never understand cancer and why it happens. It seems like cancer happens to teh best people and the people who dont deserve it get it.

ali is in my prayers for sure!

Here is more info from Ali's Care Pages site about her upcoming celebration of iife. Even if you don't know her or her family she would like anyone to come. Please consider coming or donating whatever you can to this family and make Ali's last wish come true.

For those of you on Facebook, the event info is here:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=123257257740090

"If you would like a party flyer to send via email, or to print and share, please email me at wmoen@designaz.net.

Here are the updated party details:

Sunday, January 9th

1-3pm

The Ramada Inn and Conference Center

1205 N 43rd St (Exit 141)

Grand Forks, ND

EVERYONE WELCOME!

Celebration of a Lifetime starring Ali Borgen

Theme: Hollywood Red Carpet

Dress: Glam It Up! Dress as your favorite movie star, celebrity or cartoon character OR come as you are! Just come!

Activities: Meet & Greet Photo Opp, Live Music, Refreshments, Karaoke, Silent Auction, Slideshow, Henna Tattoos & More!

(Silent auction donations, please contact: Sarah Heitkamp at sarahmheitkamp@yahoo.com.) The silent auction will benefit childhood cancer research, as Ali wishes.

We want as many people at the event BEFORE OR BY 1pm as possible. We want a HUGE PAPARAZZI feel as Ali arrives to the Red Carpet! We want to make her feel like the star that she is!

Donations directly to the Borgens are accepted as well - to help with day to day expenses, as well as staggering medical costs. Mail Donations to:

Rich & Karen Borgen

2606 6th Ave. N

Grand Forks, ND 58203

OR

ALI BORGEN FUND

Citizens Community Credit Union

1215 N 42nd St

Grand Forks, ND 58203

Also watch the Grand Forks Herald for a story (I believe tomorrow) on the Celebration of a Lifetime!!! Special thanks to Chuck Haga!

There are so many people to thank for their time & energy in making this an amazing, star-studded event, honoring our Sweet Ali! It's truly awe-inspiring! I hope each and every one of you know how special you are to our family. God bless you all!"