SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs IPFW

GeauxSioux

SIoux are trailing 40-30 at halftime. Huff hit a half-court shot to get it down to 10. Sioux started verrrrry slow and have played them somewhat even since. I don't know a lot about different BB offenses, but I really can't figure out UND's offense. It seem like they lack penetration into the defense, except when they throw a wild ill-advised pass. Maybe it's just my age and I'm more used to the old structured offenses from days gone by.

FSSN and FCS are great. Very cool to be able to watch my favorite team play on TV like this. :D

Another half to go. Let's go Sioux!!!

A couple things about this game after going to it...

UND really needs to work on free throws, that was one of the differences in this game. They missed several that would have made this game much closer.

IPFW was on fire from the three through most of the first half. That was another difference in the game, combine that with the missed free throws and you get the gap, otherwise it was pretty even.

Overall I liked the defensive effort, but I have a hard time figuring out UND's offense. Seemed to be the high screen almost every time. I thought Denter was able to do some good work on IPFW's 6'10" center and would've liked to see some more inside/out offense as that produced some good looks.

After hearing some of the good talk about Huff on here, I was expecting to see a bit more from him. Overall I thought he made some poor decisions with the ball and was looking to try and make something that just wasn't there. Although the halfcourt shot at the end of the half was definitely an excellent shot and looked almost effortless.

My final note on the game, effort was there, but some of the fundamentals were just lacking.

P.S. The crowd for the most part was dead... the student section was tiny, which was disappointing to see.

Would have loved to see a Summit League team go down tonight!!!

few things....every minute and every shot that Schuler puts up should be replaced by Haugen....Haugen is the best pure shooter on the team and he can knock down some shots....How Schuler jumped ahead of him in the lineup this year is beyond me.

and I can't believe i'm saying this....

Wilmer needs more minutes!!!!!

big improvement from the last few years for coach jones

and of the ten students left in town only three went to the game.........

few things....every minute and every shot that Schuler puts up should be replaced by Haugen....Haugen is the best pure shooter on the team and he can knock down some shots....How Schuler jumped ahead of him in the lineup this year is beyond me.

Wilmer looks like he really beefed up......................

You would think the students would have come in droves for Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne. :lol: