SiouxSports.com Forum

Thank You North Dakota

JESUS,family,rutgers

Just wanted to say I had a great time on my first trip to North Dakota. EVERYONE I met was very friendly and nice.The area and town are beautiful. The contrast between flying in and out of the Minneapolis and Philadelphia airports as compared to Grand Forks is striking. The airport in Grand Forks just seems to pop up out of farmlands instead of miles and miles of buildings and industry.The Ralph is striking and I could even imagine when the football team is a little better,the Alerus Center must be LOUD! EVERY single person that I came into contact with,from the hotel,gas stations,North Side Cafe,Jimmy Johns,Cabelas,Whiteys,roads and the stadium and arena,seemed nice.On a special note,I took a drive out to an area called Middle Grove. If any of you go to Middle Grove Lutheran Church,what a beautiful church and peaceful setting.To Ruth from Grand Forks and Layne from Morehead,thank you so much for the terrific seats. Very glad to meet Mike and Angela,Layne again,Ruth,Dawn,Jo, and of course Elaine. In addition to a million other nice things you have done for me,thank you for the tour. I am so glad I got see The Ralph before the possible changes down the road.You are all very blessed to live in such a special place. Thank you again.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX !!!

• Upvote 2

Just wanted to say I had a great time on my first trip to North Dakota. EVERYONE I met was very friendly and nice.The area and town are beautiful. The contrast between flying in and out of the Minneapolis and Philadelphia airports as compared to Grand Forks is striking. The airport in Grand Forks just seems to pop up out of farmlands instead of miles and miles of buildings and industry.The Ralph is striking and I could even imagine when the football team is a little better,the Alerus Center must be LOUD! EVERY single person that I came into contact with,from the hotel,gas stations,North Side Cafe,Jimmy Johns,Cabelas,Whiteys,roads and the stadium and arena,seemed nice.On a special note,I took a drive out to an area called Middle Grove. If any of you go to Middle Grove Lutheran Church,what a beautiful church and peaceful setting.To Ruth from Grand Forks and Layne from Morehead,thank you so much for the terrific seats. Very glad to meet Mike and Angela,Layne again,Ruth,Dawn,Jo, and of course Elaine. In addition to a million other nice things you have done for me,thank you for the tour. I am so glad I got see The Ralph before the possible changes down the road.You are all very blessed to live in such a special place. Thank you again.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX !!!

I hope you make it back HOME soon.

That is awesome you had a good time, even with some poor results on the field/ice. You are correct, the Alerus can get quite intimidating. What you saw on saturday afternoon was as quiet and vanilla as it gets in there. You will have to come back in a few years when Montana comes to town! That is really cool you came, after just deciding to follow UND all those years ago from New Jersey.

Thank you,everyone.--Siouxmama,I meant to ask you how the family with Alzheimers in Thompson is doing. Hope their situation is under control.

Nothing has changed much with him. He is still working and going about everyday business. He has a couple of brothers that are having a much tougher time though. It's hard to see them deteriorate at such a young age.

Thanks for asking JFR.