SiouxSports.com Forum

GFK to SLC?

GeauxSioux

Same question based on load why is fargo still have a salt lake city flight?

Simple because United goes to DEN and Frontier did also until the 500K Fargo gave them ran out. No real gain from having the SLC run at all, that is unless you wan to get to Medford,OR with only one stop.

Simple because United goes to DEN and Frontier did also until the 500K Fargo gave them ran out. No real gain from having the SLC run at all, that is unless you wan to get to Medford,OR with only one stop.

Dude, you do realize that you are arguing with a person who works at the GFK airport and KNOWS the loads and the issues?.....you are not going to win.

Dude, you do realize that you are arguing with a person who works at the GFK airport and KNOWS the loads and the issues?.....you are not going to win.

OK...this is rather off topic.....so give me hell if you want....but...since there is an aviation guy in the know on this thread......is there any possibility with this oil boom that Williston could ever get regional jet service, and/or any type of service into Salt Lake City? Again......I apologize in advance for the thread drift..... :blush:

OK...this is rather off topic.....so give me hell if you want....but...since there is an aviation guy in the know on this thread......is there any possibility with this oil boom that Williston could ever get regional jet service, and/or any type of service into Salt Lake City? Again......I apologize in advance for the thread drift..... :blush:

I'm certainly not an aviation guy, but I would guess that it could be possible in a few years. I thought I heard an estimate that Williston had jumped up to over 17,000 people. If that growth rate continues it could become profitable to add more service to Williston. I believe that the city was looking at it earlier this year, but I don't know what was decided.

Not east to go to Missoula but to connect to the east coast, southeast, Caribean, South America, Europe, and Asis is better through Detroit. Is there that large of a demand to go to Spokane, Missoula, or Bozeman? You failed to figure what time would the SLC flight depart from to make this work.

There is already a major connection into Fargo. I'm not sure Delta is too worried about connecting to GFK with Fargo already in place. I'd like it though, Usually flights from Spokane to Salt Lake to Fargo are pretty cheap. Thats how I get back to GF.

Dude do you realize I have been following this issue for the last 27 years and have been studying it for the last two years for a thesis? I could care less if he works at the airport considering that Patrick Dame agrees with me. Dudue did you know that GFK has better service than many cities in the US with populations under 200K, I checked. A lot of people on this board think they know the game of hockey also, but don't have a clue.

Dude do you realize I have been following this issue for the last 27 years and have been studying it for the last two years for a thesis? I could care less if he works at the airport considering that Patrick Dame agrees with me. Dudue did you know that GFK has better service than many cities in the US with populations under 200K, I checked. A lot of people on this board think they know the game of hockey also, but don't have a clue.

Dude, I did not know the first part, but yes I did know the second part. And also, I am a dudette...not a dude.

Not a thread drift at all. Actually it is a great contribution to the thread. To answer your question the runway in ISN can not handle RJs, yet. To build what they need would require some ear mark money and sense our newly elected scumbag to the House signed the no ear mark pledge I doubt it will happen. Also Patrick Dame agrees with me of there being no gain from or need of a GFK-SLC connection. One of the things that I have come across in my research was air service in NW Arkansas, the home of the mighty Wal-Mart. They only have RJ service there. One would think there would be enough traffic of business travelers to justify larger planes. Last time I checked there were no first class seats going in there, which makes sense when you think about it. A bunch of regular fliers with gold status looking for upgrades to first. With a bunch of people looking for upgrades someone would be mad for sure for not getting one. But if there are not any to be had then no one can get mad.