SiouxSports.com Forum

Lennon and Salukis struggling....

WYOBISONMAN

Based on what I saw from SIU on Saturday, Lennon must be having some trouble down there. I believe that the last of Kill's recruits are gone and now what we are seeing is a total Lennon product. This edition of the Salukis has been the weakest I have seen since NDSU started playing them. It will be interesting to see if SIU improves or not next season. NDSU was not a strong team on Saturday and despite this SIU never led in the game.

With Lennon coaching at SIU and since he is a former UND coach, it would be a fun game to see him bring SIU to Grand Forks for a game. I would think the would be open to a home and home for some OOC competition.

Jeff Kolpack on WDAY-AM on Saturday morning stated that SIU voted for USD into the MVFC only after they got assurances that they'd only have to make one conference trip to a Dakota school (NDSU, SDSU, USD) per season.

Knowing that, why would they schedule UND?

Jeff Kolpack on WDAY-AM on Saturday morning stated that SIU voted for USD into the MVFC only after they got assurances that they'd only have to make one conference trip to a Dakota school (NDSU, SDSU, USD) per season.

Knowing that, why would they schedule UND?

Actually Kolpack stated they would like 2 charters a year. There is nothing in the contract with the MVFC that says they are guarateed that. That is what was said.

As to SIU playing UND, I would think that if UND needs some help in finding OOC games a former coach would be a good place to look . A home and home would give each school a decent gate because of the history with Lennon. Surely it would be more interesting that playing a patsy in OOC competition.

Based on what I saw from SIU on Saturday, Lennon must be having some trouble down there. I believe that the last of Kill's recruits are gone and now what we are seeing is a total Lennon product. This edition of the Salukis has been the weakest I have seen since NDSU started playing them. It will be interesting to see if SIU improves or not next season. NDSU was not a strong team on Saturday and despite this SIU never led in the game.

With Lennon coaching at SIU and since he is a former UND coach, it would be a fun game to see him bring SIU to Grand Forks for a game. I would think the would be open to a home and home for some OOC competition.

Lennon's first real recruiting class wasn't until 2009, making most of them red-shirt freshmen right now. The 2008 recruiting class would probably be half Lennon and half Kill recruits. But there's little question that this season has been a setback in terms of him moving on to a better job anytime soon. I'm sure there will be some pressure next season to get back into the playoffs.

Kill filled a lot of his roster with JUCO and transfer players. We know Coach Lennon likes to have players for 5 years and has never been a real big in the JUCO or transfer route. SIU is kind of at the same point as UND right now where Lennon's first full recruiting class was redshirt freshmen this year. Next year as they get 3 classes into his system we will see what happens. I think the biggest cause of SIU's stuggles have been injuries. NDSU's wr coach who was at SIU last year even acknowledged that pregame saying that SIU is down 5 db's right now and its taking its toll. I can't imagine what most schools at the FCS level would look like minus 5 db's.