SiouxSports.com Forum

UMD vs. UMN

01grad

What will be the outcome this weekend?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome this weekend?

• Bulldog Sweep
    • Gopher Sweep
    • Split
    • Bulldog win and tie
    • Gopher win and tie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to stay on the good side of these Sioux fans! That way they'll keep bashing the Goofers, and leave the Dogs alone. Of course after this weekend, they have plenty more material on the Gophers anyway.

I'd rather have DB's goalie situation than DL's. At least DB has more options!! :)

I have to stay on the good side of these Sioux fans! That way they'll keep bashing the Goofers, and leave the Dogs alone.

You keep telling yourself that. :):)

dagies - I know I wan't one of them. I have not yet seen Briggs live but from what I've seen of him on TV I suspect he will slowly emerge as "the man."

Once the PWR gets well enough established...say around January, it is nearly impossible to get it to move anywhere (especially if you are in the top 30). Just ask Duluth last year. They got locked in at about 23rd, and despite an 11-4-1 stretch run, they could only pass ONE TEAM.

If the Gophers ranking slips too much, they may be not able to climb back into the mix in time, no matter how brilliant the turnaround is.

PWR can be very volitale up until the end of the conference tourneys, but a team has to have their RPI component high enough to be in the thick of things.

It was due to a weak RPI (schedule) that UMD was basically stuck last year and it is also the reason as the year goes by you will see the Gophers PWR higher than their position in the polls. This is assuming the Gophers do get back to at least a few games better than .500. Think SCSU of last year.