SiouxSports.com Forum

Goings on at WIU

The Sicatoka

Interesting way they run things at Summit League member school Western Illinois University.

... a press release was issued claiming Patterson, who was diagnosed in September 2008 with tonsillar cancer, had stepped down for health reasons. (See 'Don Patterson steps down as WIU football coach') The release included quotes from Patterson which his agent, Barry Nadler, said was complete fabrication.

"When the university President was informed that false information was released to the public, nothing happened," Nadler said. "There was no consequences to the athletic director that we know about, and the fraud upon the public was just continued."

WIU fabricates quotes for their press releases? Nice. :lol:

http://www.wgem.com/Global/story.asp?S=11767809

WIU FB has nothing to do with the Summit League. I think this is a school problem not a league one.

WIU is a Summit League school in all sports except football, so I would label WIU a Summit League school.

The "Fighting Sioux" name is a school issue, not a conference issue, yet the Summit makes it one. :lol:

A school issue?? If is was it would be done and over long ago.

You're right, I should have said school/SBoHE issue. Regardless, it isn't a Summit issue. Insofar as the NCAA is concerned, UND is in compliance with the settlement agreement, yet somehow the Summit deems that to be a problem.

It seems the Summit has some other issues they should be concerned about, WIU.