SiouxSports.com Forum

Dosch a finalist at Northern State

UNDvince97-01

Here's the link.

Wonder what his staff makeup would be?

Also wonder who will replace him at SIU if he gets the job?

Will be interesting.

I'd be surprised if he left S. Illinois for Northern St.; at least right now. The staff at S. Illinois has done great things in their first 2 years and, knowing how good they all are, things are only going to get better.

This whole group is on the way up and I don't see any of them pulling the trigger on leaving this soon. Just my opinion but I'd think they'd all sit tight for at least another year.

I'd be surprised if he left S. Illinois for Northern St.; at least right now. The staff at S. Illinois has done great things in their first 2 years and, knowing how good they all are, things are only going to get better.

This whole group is on the way up and I don't see any of them pulling the trigger on leaving this soon. Just my opinion but I'd think they'd all sit tight for at least another year.

Family....

Not saying he would take it, but Family is big with Coach Dauber

I don't know enough about Northern State, but would it be a better job than what he had at Jamestown?

If not, I don't understand why he would come back for something he all ready had.

NSU is D-II and is in a much better league situation than Jamestown, so those two factors alone make NSU a much better job. There is pretty decent community support in Aberdeen and the school just recently commited to funding its football program with adequate scholarship money, so Dosch won't have his hands tied from a dollars standpoint like the past NSU coaches were. There are of course some obvious drawbacks as well, but I think Dosch is a good fit and he will turn around the NSU program rather quickly.

I wonder if this will open the door for Tibesar to work with Lennon again?

I would guess that Tim would not take a position coaching spot at SIU over what he has now in Montreal. Apparently he has a very good gig there as D-coordinator. Plus they just won the Grey Cup.

I could be wrong, but that's just my thought.

I wonder if this will open the door for Tibesar to work with Lennon again?

Tibesar isn't going all the way down to a position coach in FCS unless he has no better options. I think he is fine in Montreal for at least a little while since they had a great year. And his experience should give him a good shot at a coordinator position in FBS or a head coach position at FCS or Division II. All of those options would probably be better than a position coach in FCS.

Wasn't there a past coach at UND that was an assistant in the CFL for a time before becoming UND's head coach? :huh:

Is it wishful thinking that I see a pattern here? :(

Roger Thomas spent a year or 2 with Toronto right before returning to UND as the head coach. But I don't see Mussman going anywhere for at least a couple of years unless something better opens up.