SiouxSports.com Forum

Remember Radio

kr

I forgot to metion that on tonight's coaches show, there was a comment made about recruiting young players. I believe it was Tim Hennessy who said something to the effect that they didn't want to discuss that because then they'd have to sign affidavits. From that, my guess is that the problem of last season stemmed from the comments made about Sydney Crosby on the coaches show.

It is most definitely the case. Have you ever noticed how many "guests" are reading this board? There are many people who read the messages here who don't register or participate. I know from the e-mails I receive from Sioux parents that many of them read this board. We've also had parents chime in from time to time with comments. Never think that what's posted here stays here. It doesn't.

Even Zach said it is "almost" a waste of time to read the internet boards.....

Yes, there are several parents who read and some who post here, that I know.

You know there has to be more.

With MN recruits getting younger and younger... ok, well, maybe it's just how the media represents their practices. I am curious if they don't have people that act on behalf of the coaches of DI teams to get to these players?

I mean, if a player's coach says "You should go to UMN" when the kid is 15 or 16 years old, it means a lot. Especially if there is confidence in the coach.

Yes, even UND has benefitted from this. However, I question the ethics of it. Oh well. The fact that Sydney went major juniors really should negate any investigations regarding the recruitment of him anyhow.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a head-ups for those in the GF area -- Mike Prpich is on "Mac-Lyte" Show -- 1310 am -- he'll be on for about an hour -- there'll probably be a little hockey talk -- they are trying to say his last name and discussing the hog market in Canada & the US ... :) Never a dull minute on radio.

This Friday Troy Murray will be on 1440 am (can't remember if they said 7:30 am or 8:30 am) -- he's being inducted to the UND Hall of Fame.

Next week, Friday, Nov 7th, the puffy of the air waves, Mr. Jeff Dubay will be on with Tim and Swyg (1440 am) at 7:30 am. Dubay will then travel to the REA and do his morning show (9am-noon) from the set of Sioux Ill. Callers are encouraged for the 7:30 am segment. Also, I believe that people will be able to view the 9am-noon show at the REA -- you might want to verify that, if you do, in fact, wish to go over there.

Clarification please: Was it PA or Dubay who referred to Ralph Engelstad as "Nazi Ralph" on the radio? If it was Dubay, I believe that I may have a question or two.

Also, starting (officially) on Nov 10th the entire PA & Dubay show will be carried in the Forks area -- 9am to noon -- Eddie will be carried later in the day, I believe.