SiouxSports.com Forum

Old School Jerseys

tboneund

What did you think of the classic style Sioux jerseys against the Bulldogs?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the classic style Sioux jerseys against the Bulldogs?

• Love 'em
    • Hate 'em
    • Nice for a few games
    • Don't Care

I thought the classic-style jerseys rocked, I'd buy one from the pro-shop if I could have the letters stiched on instead of ironed on.

I love my geometric logo jerseys, but I'd drop some more money to get the classic style...maybe buy one and have someone stitch the letters for me.

Just wondering what everyone else though of them.

If they brought back the original Blackhawk jersey for a game I'd be all for it. Can't believe I don't own one.

BTW, has anyone ever seen a Sioux jersey that looks like this one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=20855

New logo, but otherwise???

I saw that the guy in front of me last night had one but that is the first time I have seen one. I think they are ugly. Its the wrong color green. And it doesn't look good with the new logo it is all too dark.

If they brought back the original Blackhawk jersey for a game I'd be all for it. Can't believe I don't own one.

BTW, has anyone ever seen a Sioux jersey that looks like this one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=20855

17northdakotahock.jpg

New logo, but otherwise???

They were selling them at the TJ Maxx in GF and Fargo last season for between $20-$25. I haven't stopped in there in months though so not sure if they are selling them again this season.

My guess is that they wanted the money to come from the Suite holders. Give them an advantage for being suite holders and encourage them to re-up their suites. It is also assumed that they are quite free with their money and that is the crowd to flirt with.

It has nothing to do with the students really. We have other expenses assumedly and we, as a group, would be less likely to shell out the big bucks.

OK, thanks.  Why didn't they say announce anything about it?  They didn't want to get alot of money for the jerseys or what?  Seems kinda stupid to me.    I would think you'd want as many people to know about it as possible.  What do I know though.

The only people that got to bid on the jerseys were suite holders or people that the suite holders gave their pass to. :) Maybe they were trying to make it up to all the suite holders for missing most of the games because the students wouldn't sit down in the lower bowl. ;);)

You would think that they would want to try and make the most money possible. I heard most of the jerseys went for the minimum bid of $100. Only a few like Parise's, Bochenski's and Schneider's went for more. Parise's went for the most: around $350. They should have been auctioned on the internet like last time. :D

A good friend of mine, who is an occasional poster on this board, had the high bid last Monday night for the actual jersey Prpich wore during last night's game. It will be interesting to see how that jersey survived the fight! 

It's kinda funny. He told me he only placed the minimum bid on the jersey because he figured no one else would bid on it. :D

I just don't understand UND sometimes. Or is it REA? It is so confusing. Whoever, whatever. At times it seems like they are scrounging for every last nickel even in situations where it almost doesn't seem neccessary. Then at other times, like this situation, where they aren't.

I'm sorry but most of the people who are in the suites really don't give a damn anywhere near as much about this team than the average person does, whether they be a student, doctor, or guy who works at Simplot. A majority of these suite holders will take the jersey and put it in their closet and forget about it. I, like I'm sure many other people, would love to have a game worn Sioux jersey. I've got a Blackhawk jersey from the last game at the old Engelstad and I cherish it. I would do the same thing with one of these jerseys. I don't think being able to buy a jersey is that great of an incentive to suite holders. For evidence look at the lackluster prices for most of the jerseys. If you aren't the captain or a star player your jersey ain't worth more than the minimum. It just seems to me that this is jsut another step to kissing the butt of people who really don't care all that much. Maybe it isn't that big of a deal to anyone else and maybe I'm still a little mad about how I feel the students are getting hosed once again, but this kind of stuff really makes me unhappy. Just because you give more money, doesn't make you a better person or a better fan. :)

Sometime the week before Meet the Sioux, suite holders were provided information regarding the silent auction for the HOF game worn jerseys. The auction was intended to be for suite holders only, which was a bit misguided as the majority of suite holders don't typically attend events such as Meet the Sioux.

My friends placed several calls to UND the day of Meet the Sioux and were finally told by the individual running the auction that although the auction was targeted to suite holders, if others were willing to bid on the jerseys, had the high bid and were able to pay that night, UND would gladly accept their money.

Based on that representation and upon arriving at Meet the Sioux, my group of friends and I immediately went to the Pro Shop and asked for a bid numbers, which we were given as was everyone else who asked for a number. I then told the person working security at the auction gate that I had a bid number and wanted to place a bid and he waived me right in no questions asked; at no time was I asked if I was a suite holder.

I know at least nine jerseys sold that night to nonsuite holders. And all those jerseys, including Schneider, Jones, Fylling, Smaby, Prpich and Greene went for the $100.00 minimum bid. Bochenski's and Murray's both went for a little bit more than the minimum, but not much. I believe Parise's went for $325 to a suite holder who also was high bidder on a few others!