SiouxSports.com Forum

Article on Roche

01grad

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/6863025.htm

This is a good article on Travis. He deserves to the make the team this year. This is the second day in a row the Sioux have been represented in the Twin Cities newspapers sports section. Yesterday they had a picture of Murray and previewed our 2004 championship season in the Star Tribune and today the Pioneer Press. Gopher fans around here must be getting nervous. :D

Dupuis is working out with Concordia University in Montreal. Is this the same Concordia on the Sioux schedule? :);)

I doubt if he doesn't resign with the Wild by Oct 11th he would be playing for them (Concordia that is). Just makes a guy wonder what kind of team Concordia is. :D:0

More of the same about Roche, but this from today's Pioneer Press:

One other hopeful, defenseman Travis Roche, apparently has made the team. Roche, who played in Houston last season, is among the eight defensemen the Wild likely will carry this season. He apparently beat out Michalek for the final slot.

"His overall game has gotten a lot better," Lemaire said of Roche, a member of the University of North Dakota's 2000 NCAA championship team. "He's shown enough to stay with us now. Hopefully, he can do some scoring."

Roche, competing in his third Wild camp, has no points in four exhibition games. He did not play in the Wild's 3-2 victory Saturday at Edmonton because of a groin injury.

"One thing I'm doing this time is not taking as many chances as I did in the other camps," Roche said. "I'm playing smarter. Maybe the chances to score will come."

Roche, competing in his third Wild camp, has no points in four exhibition games. He did not play in the Wild's 3-2 victory Saturday at Edmonton because of a groin injury.

This guy needs to check his facts. I was at the game that Travis got an assist against Chicago. Played great and could definitley help the team in the absence of Ronning who was the offensive defensemen for the Wild on Powerplays last year. This is a role that he could definitely fill. He certainly has the upperhand on Michelav on age and maturity alone.