SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Final Five Brunch

MafiaMan

I live about 2 minutes from the MOA...

MM--

I am in if I can get a ride for me and your T.J. Oshie bobblehead. I'll be coming down on Al's fan bus and he said we'll be staying at the AmericInn. I think that's near you, isn't it?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"5"

maybe on Sunday morning at 5 in a Porsche :sad:

naw - not even with that

:sad: I used the same guy from the King of Diamonds radio ads who claimed that the, ahem, "club," is only 3 minutes from the Xcel Energy Center. Actually, I timed the drive to downtown St Paul last night from 35E and 36 and it took me 4 minutes. Since breakfast is at 11 am on a Saturday, I'm not expecting too much trouble traffic-wise on the 21st.

MM--

I am in if I can get a ride for me and your T.J. Oshie bobblehead. I'll be coming down on Al's fan bus and he said we'll be staying at the AmericInn. I think that's near you, isn't it?

2.4 miles away from my place. I won't be going Bloomington to Little Canada back to Bloomington then back to St Paul this year, though. It's Bloomington to Little Canada to St Paul for the 3rd place Colorado College/St Cloud game. :sad:

Sadly, perhaps, I cannot make the Final Five tournament this year and I will not be around for the Hoggsbreath

Breakfast, a rapidly growing tradition. The food is great, the Bloody Mary's are the cure, and the camraderie

is top shelf. A great way to get the day going.

Highly recommended by all who have been there before. The owner, as I recall, is from North Dakota.

2.4 miles away from my place. I won't be going Bloomington to Little Canada back to Bloomington then back to St Paul this year, though. It's Bloomington to Little Canada to St Paul for the 3rd place Colorado College/St Cloud game. :sad:

I will go along to the 3rd place game with you, if that's okay. Al said he's gotten us tickets only for Sioux games (lower bowl, he says) but I'm sure I can pick up a ticket from a despondent rodent fan somewhere in the Cities. On second thought, those tickets will probably be stacked alongside copies of City Pages under the "Free Take One" sign, wouldn't you think?

I will go along to the 3rd place game with you, if that's okay. Al said he's gotten us tickets only for Sioux games (lower bowl, he says) but I'm sure I can pick up a ticket from a despondent rodent fan somewhere in the Cities. On second thought, those tickets will probably be stacked alongside copies of City Pages under the "Free Take One" sign, wouldn't you think?

Right next to the personal ads section as incentives. :sad:

Sadly, perhaps, I cannot make the Final Five tournament this year and I will not be around for the Hoggsbreath

Breakfast, a rapidly growing tradition. The food is great, the Bloody Mary's are the cure, and the camraderie

is top shelf. A great way to get the day going.

Highly recommended by all who have been there before. The owner, as I recall, is from North Dakota.

The apocalypse is upon us! NorthDakotaHockey can't make a) a major tournament event and b) Hoggsbreath brunch! Wow...whatever you're doing that weekend, I hope you're being paid big bucks for it!

The apocalypse is upon us! NorthDakotaHockey can't make a) a major tournament event and b) Hoggsbreath brunch! Wow...whatever you're doing that weekend, I hope you're being paid big bucks for it!

I agree. I know we found him hiding out at State Street Brats in Madison at the regional last year.

I agree. I know we found him hiding out at State Street Brats in Madison at the regional last year.

I was being kind in my post. When he said he wouldn't be at the Final Five or the Hoggsbreath brunch, my original response was going to be this:

WTF?

Oh, what the heck, now it IS what I was originally going to post.

Geez. Now I am really nervous . . . .

Actually, I am on a long scheduled cruise, and we will be arriving home mid-Championship Game time.

I might drive over and dive in.

I had to defer to others on the scheduling and am not real happy about it but hey,

nothing wrong with cruising. Nothing wrong with going on a boat with food, drink, sunshine, and dart boards either.

Actually, I am on a long scheduled cruise, and we will be arriving home mid-Championship Game time.

I had to defer to others on the scheduling and am not real happy about it but hey,

nothing wrong with cruising. Nothing wrong with going on a boat with food, drink, sunshine, and dart boards either.

OK, you had me scared for a minute. After the Gophers have gotten their a**es handed to them, Assuming the Gophers have been eliminated before the title game, you can probably get a ticket from Dave or Kenny real cheap, so just send me a text when you return!

This better be a family thing, because friends don't let friends pick friends who don't follow Sioux hockey!

This better be a family thing, because friends don't let friends pick friends who don't follow Sioux hockey!

Tis. I used to have friends who did not follow Sioux hockey, but I soon found them to be rather boring so I dropped them. Their loss. My gain. Have fun at The Final Five. Greatest tournament in all the land. Any sport. Any league. Any day.

:whistling: I used the same guy from the King of Diamonds radio ads who claimed that the, ahem, "club," is only 3 minutes from the Xcel Energy Center. Actually, I timed the drive to downtown St Paul last night from 35E and 36 and it took me 4 minutes. Since breakfast is at 11 am on a Saturday, I'm not expecting too much trouble traffic-wise on the 21st.

sounds good - the "club" eh - I like it

sounds good - the "club" eh - I like it

YaneA and Siouxmama said that while they're in the big city, they'd like me to show them around. I told them they could meet some "gentlemen" in Inver Grove Heights so they're pretty excited about going to this King of Diamonds place. :whistling:

YaneA and Siouxmama said that while they're in the big city, they'd like me to show them around. I told them they could meet some "gentlemen" in Inver Grove Heights so they're pretty excited about going to this King of Diamonds place. :whistling:

What?? This sounds like an outrageous lie!!

Don't make me post pictures from The Platinum Fox, YaneA! :whistling:

P.S. I just put up a post in 'tickets wanted'...I am seriously mulling over a drive to GF this weekend.

oh sweet baby jesus - the platinum fox :blush: that was a classy joint ;) just as classy as our hotel the kings in down the road where i saw more business men i ties in and out of hotel rooms than the last time i walked downtown phoenix at lunch time :ohmy:

the best is when the dancer had the sioux hat and jersey on before shedding it

Don't make me post pictures from The Platinum Fox, YaneA! :whistling:

P.S. I just put up a post in 'tickets wanted'...I am seriously mulling over a drive to GF this weekend.

I did NOT accompany you menfolk to the Platinum Fox. I was back in my hotel room, reading Gideon's Bible, when you guys crossed over into the twin cities of Sodom & Gomorrah, Ohio.