SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four 2010

SiouxHockey15

I think hockey games at venues that aren't hockey arenas (such as football and baseball stadiums) are stupid. The seats are nowhere close to the ice, and most of the seats seem so far away from any of the action. Just my opinion.
No doubt.Having it there is just plain stupid.From what I have read from a few different sites tickets sales are really slow for this compared to frozen fours in the past and I'm sure having it at Ford Field has everything to do with it.Having it in Detriot doesn't help either.

No doubt.Having it there is just plain stupid.From what I have read from a few different sites tickets sales are really slow for this compared to frozen fours in the past and I'm sure having it at Ford Field has everything to do with it.Having it in Detriot doesn't help either.

They have sold over 22,000 tickets according to the Detroit Free Press. The new seat configuration will allow for about 36,000. I agree with the new seat configuration, hoping to sell 64,000 seats for college hockey is pushing it. Besides I am sure the NC$$ already considers the event a success since the previous record for a Frozen 4 game was a little over 19,000. I am pretty sure that they will be able to sell the remaining 14,000 tickets by the time April 8th rolls around. I purchased tickets to this event but unfortunately duty calls and I will be spending a nice 6 month vacation in the Middle East somewhere so I hope that if our Fighting Sioux are fortunate enough to make it to another Frozen 4 that you will try to attend despite your feeling about where it should and should not be. I can promise you this, Ford field will be a much more pleasant and clean and overall better venue than Joe Louis Arena would be. Joe Louis is a dump. I am from Detroit and believe me I have heard every bash you guys can dish out. The fact is though that the city of Detroit will make this a decent Frozen 4, like they have done with the Final 4, the Super bowl the World Series and the Stanley Cup Finals recently. Despite the economic troubles in Michigan, the area around Ford Field and Comerica Park has really cleaned up nice.

They have sold over 22,000 tickets according to the Detroit Free Press. The new seat configuration will allow for about 36,000. I agree with the new seat configuration, hoping to sell 64,000 seats for college hockey is pushing it. Besides I am sure the NC$$ already considers the event a success since the previous record for a Frozen 4 game was a little over 19,000. I am pretty sure that they will be able to sell the remaining 14,000 tickets by the time April 8th rolls around. I purchased tickets to this event but unfortunately duty calls and I will be spending a nice 6 month vacation in the Middle East somewhere so I hope that if our Fighting Sioux are fortunate enough to make it to another Frozen 4 that you will try to attend despite your feeling about where it should and should not be. I can promise you this, Ford field will be a much more pleasant and clean and overall better venue than Joe Louis Arena would be. Joe Louis is a dump. I am from Detroit and believe me I have heard every bash you guys can dish out. The fact is though that the city of Detroit will make this a decent Frozen 4, like they have done with the Final 4, the Super bowl the World Series and the Stanley Cup Finals recently. Despite the economic troubles in Michigan, the area around Ford Field and Comerica Park has really cleaned up nice.
My bad.I read it wrong.Regardless it's a dumb idea to have it in a dome.Where will the college hockey atmosphere be? There won't be any.Check out this cofiguration of the rink placement and seating.

http://www.freep.com/article/20091008/SPOR...010-Frozen-Four

My bad.I read it wrong.Regardless it's a dumb idea to have it in a dome.Where will the college hockey atmosphere be? There won't be any.Check out this cofiguration if the rink placement and seating.

http://www.freep.com/article/20091008/SPOR...010-Frozen-Four

The venue may not be ideal but it will be a good event regardless.

gfbugman - you may be able to help me out here. I'm new to the Detroit area so I don't know a whole lot about downtown. I was down at Ford Field yesterday to buy some football tickets, and had no idea where to park! There didn't seem to be any large open lots anywhere. Where do the people that go to the football games (and the Frozen Four) park? Do they take shuttles from other places downtown? I know there is some parking on the other side of Comerica...

gfbugman - you may be able to help me out here. I'm new to the Detroit area so I don't know a whole lot about downtown. I was down at Ford Field yesterday to buy some football tickets, and had no idea where to park! There didn't seem to be any large open lots anywhere. Where do the people that go to the football games (and the Frozen Four) park? Do they take shuttles from other places downtown? I know there is some parking on the other side of Comerica...

There is parking around Comerica park and alot of pay to park lots. There is plenty of parking for events, they get 30,000 people everynight for a tigers game and 50 to 60K for Lions games.