SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux v. Dickinson St.

bincitysioux

This team is awful and it starts at the top with the head coach. Was at the Valley City game. How does a D1 team, at home, play ZONE against a NAIA school until 4+ minutes left in the game?? Absolutely pathetic! You can't tell me that UND didn't/doesn't have better athletes on the floor to at least play a solid man-to-man defense against these NAIA schools and force the action from a defensive standpoint.

This team is awful and it starts at the top with the head coach. Was at the Valley City game. How does a D1 team, at home, play ZONE against a NAIA school until 4+ minutes left in the game?? Absolutely pathetic! You can't tell me that UND didn't/doesn't have better athletes on the floor to at least play a solid man-to-man defense against these NAIA schools and force the action from a defensive standpoint.

It was observed on SDSU's fan message board (by a member -- not me! -- who has great ability to get down to some basic facts) that the transition is probably the most difficult for men's basketball. SDSU's woeful experience in transition may be the rule while NDSU's remarkable success is the exception. I see USD going through their struggles and it looks like UND is having some rough times, too. At least you're getting "W's" -- beats the heck out of a loss to some of your competition. We see a light at the end of the tunnel for our men's team at SDSU but it's been a tough few years.