SiouxSports.com Forum

Jamestown

SiouxFan100

This should not be close. JC will most likely play zone and cover up Kimbrough and Ledger. Our perimeter players will have to knock down some shots. IMO, Youngblut, Baggason, Guinn, and Seay need to move the ball better when the middle is covered. I have only seen a couple of games, one via the internet, and we suck on the ball too long at the top looking inside. I know Guinn makes a lot of threes and gets a lot of assists to our posts, but I believe she could get even more assists finding Youngblut and Baggason quicker when they are open and then they might not be so anxious before they get the ball. Skip passing the ball seems to be something they need to improve on watching the Eastern Michigan game. Youngblut never skip passed the ball, Guinn maybe once, and Baggason and Seay a couple of times. Station to station passing sometimes is a neccesity, but skipping it causes BIG problems. If we learn to quickly find them when they are open, I think our perimeter shooting will get more consistent if we can't get the ball inside. Should be a fun game to watch. I hope everyone comes out to support the ladies! GO SIOUX!

SiouxDude I agree about the skip passing. Many coaches don't like skip passing but if the girls are strong enough it is very helpful in breaking a zone defense. Jimmies have a couple of strong 6ft 1 posts though that might be able to stay with Kimbrough and Ledger. What normally happens in games like these is the weaker team's posts get into foul trouble early and it is all over. We will see very early because both teams will try to get the ball to the posts to set the tone. UND's guards are very quick and I would expect a full court press to see if Jamestown can handle. Expect a 25 point win - more if Jamestown cannot handle a press. If UND spells blood Jamestown should expect no mercy.

Good win for the ladies! Nice to see everyone play. Getting back to my earlier comments, our perimeter players again struggled at times to share the ball with each other. I know Baggason has struggled to start the season, but there are times that she is wide open and Guinn and Youngblut miss her, and she looks frustrated. That frustration leads to anxiousness and rushing, both not good for a shooter. On the flip side, Guinn and Youngblut shot well but got the ball in rhythm for many of their shots. The good old Sioux perimeter ball movement ain't what it used to be for some reason. The "extra pass" has always been a thing of beauty to watch. Maybe I am just over-analyzing the situation, but it seems real to me as a former player. Go get'em in Toledo girls!

Many seenm to be forgetting that we are not playing in the NCC any more, there is a significant difference in the level of teams we are playing. I think the ball movement looked pretty good tuesday night. I don't see anyone looking to score too much, thats crazy, if an open shot presents it's self and it's in your range you better shot or don't be on the floor. The issue there is to know if it your shot and the game situation. Good Luck in Toledo.

Has anyone checked if this game will be available to watch on the net ?