SiouxSports.com Forum

The collective solution

yababy8

I agree, Think about who the best players have been for the Sioux thus far this season. For most games it has been one of three freshmen, Hextall, Eidsness or Gregoire. That is not a recipe for success at the DI level and which is why I hope that the return of Joe Finley might spark better play out of others.

It does, however, make for a bright future.

I think Trupp will come around and start scoring. I don't hold out a lot of hope that Kozek will re-find his touch. If Evan is the only scorer to start contributing, I think we need to pray for vastly improved play from the young d-men in order to have any hope for a home playoff series. And I include the sophomores and freshmen in that.

Judging by reading some of the comments on this topic, some people think the team is just not that talented.....so who is to blame? Who recruited these players? Coaches. Who runs the practices? Coaches. Who beats this cycle, cycle, cycle system to death? Coaches. Creative players come to UND to die it seems of late.

One small thing that has lead to a lack of development out of the defensemen? Brad Berry. He spent a lot of time working with the Defensemen outside of practice. Maybe they should try to get him to help out on a volunteer basis or something. I believe he is back in town.

I like the coaching staff, and I think they do a lot of good things, but the team lacks offensive creativity, and the coaches are part of that reason. You can blast me all you want, but in the end, you know it's true. We've seen what creative offense can do the past few years with B.C. Oh yeah, and what was that Blais used to say? "Speed Kills."??

It does, however, make for a bright future.

I think Trupp will come around and start scoring. I don't hold out a lot of hope that Kozek will re-find his touch. If Evan is the only scorer to start contributing, I think we need to pray for vastly improved play from the young d-men in order to have any hope for a home playoff series. And I include the sophomores and freshmen in that.

Kozek looks extremely lost, I'm not sure if it's the baby or other things but if he doesn't find it soon he needs to be benched. The Sat game against AA I thought that the Martens, Lamoreux, Davidson line looked real good and was perhaps the best line of the night out there. I say play this line some more.

the good thing is we know hak and company are working their butts off to figure this out and the players are as well. they know what is needed to succeed in this league as many have been to 2 or 3 frozen 4's. shake those lines up and see what happens. get some production from the defense and do something to trigger the PP. go with 5 forwards, do something because whoever is running the PP right now hasnt had success at all. the sioux turn it around this weekend, they will go easy on the turkey :D and score some goals and get the ralph rockin :lol:

Kozek looks extremely lost, I'm not sure if it's the baby or other things but if he doesn't find it soon he needs to be benched. The Sat game against AA I thought that the Martens, Lamoreux, Davidson line looked real good and was perhaps the best line of the night out there. I say play this line some more.

I agree. Give these boys a chance since it doesn't seem to be happening with the other lines. When davidson got his goal in Colorado Springs Hak called it a greasy goal but at this point we need any kind of goal we can get.

the good thing is we know hak and company are working their butts off to figure this out and the players are as well. they know what is needed to succeed in this league as many have been to 2 or 3 frozen 4's. shake those lines up and see what happens. get some production from the defense and do something to trigger the PP. go with 5 forwards, do something because whoever is running the PP right now hasnt had success at all. the sioux turn it around this weekend, they will go easy on the turkey :D and score some goals and get the ralph rockin :lol:

Are you positive they are working their butts off, because if they were wouldn't they be a little fatigued? :)

Are you positive they are working their butts off, because if they were wouldn't they be a little fatigued? :D

:lol:

had to laugh at that one...........

go sioux SWEEP big red, sorry but can someone explain what the hell big red is?? just wondering. isnt the mascot a bear? why not the bears? then copy nebraska and refer to them as big red. just wondering. maybe our cornell buddy can help ot with that one. thanks if so!

It doesn't matter if you have a child, that has nothing to do with it. Who says you can't play hockey if you're a Dad?

It doesn't matter if you have a child, that has nothing to do with it. Who says you can't play hockey if you're a Dad?

I didn't intend for it to mean he couldn't play hockey and be a dad. all I meant was it is s huge adjustment for a person. I recently went through it and I'm not 21-22 years old, going to school, playing DI hockey and being a new dad all at once. I don't know the kid but to have all that on your plate is more than enough for a person and could very well affect him or not. I just think he looks lost out on the ice for whatever reason.

I didn't intend for it to mean he couldn't play hockey and be a dad. all I meant was it is s huge adjustment for a person. I recently went through it and I'm not 21-22 years old, going to school, playing DI hockey and being a new dad all at once. I don't know the kid but to have all that on your plate is more than enough for a person and could very well affect him or not. I just think he looks lost out on the ice for whatever reason.

maybe it is because he plays with 2 different linemates every single game and on the 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th line every game and has been for his whole career. who knows. just a observation :lol:

could be 100 different things, bottom line is he looks lost to me on the ice.

Why pick on somebody's personal life, this has nothing to do with hockey. This is not just one guy, look at the whole team, what's wrong here. I was there last weekend, and it was pretty bad watching the powerplay.

:lol:

had to laugh at that one...........

go sioux SWEEP big red, sorry but can someone explain what the hell big red is?? just wondering. isnt the mascot a bear? why not the bears? then copy nebraska and refer to them as big red. just wondering. maybe our cornell buddy can help ot with that one. thanks if so!

Big Red is a brand of Chewing Gum. :D Let' chew em' and spit em' out this weekend! Go Sioux!