SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo Force/UP Center

NDSUguy

I was unable to make it to last nights Force game...

Were any of you at the game? What did you think? How was the arena (I know...it's not in the same universe as the Ralph)?

I'm just looking for some feedback from people who attend hockey games on a regular basis.

I thought the whole deal was a hit. The UP Center is a great place to watch a game, they obviously have some kinks to work out, but considering the pressure everyone was under to be ready for opening night, it went very well. The game itself was a bonus, the Force won 2-1 and they had one of the best hockey fights I've seen live. We all know they aren't going to have 5000 people all season long, but hockey interest in Fargo is definetly on the rise. All the youth programs are increasing and with the Force now in town that should only get better. Kudos to Dean Blais on taking on a very tough project, without his name and obviously the work of many great people this would not be happening.

The force game was great i had a really great time! the arena is beautiful they still had some things to get done in there but still looked good. They had fireworks afterwards too so on my walk home from the arena i just stood in the field and watched them. The fight was pretty awesome it was right in front of my seats but i forgot a camera so i didnt get any pics :lol: . I will be going again soon for sure.

I always have to wince when I see the words "fight" and "awesome" in the same sentence. :lol:

For the life of me I will never ever understand how otherwise decent people will go to such great lengths to celebrate such boorish behavior, but I digress...

As for the arena, I've been there a couple of times for my son's PeeWee hockey practices. It's very nice but I can't believe they don't have a big scoreboard above center ice.

No center ice scoreboard???

I always have to wince when I see the words "fight" and "awesome" in the same sentence. :D

For the life of me I will never ever understand how otherwise decent people will go to such great lengths to celebrate such boorish behavior, but I digress...

As for the arena, I've been there a couple of times for my son's PeeWee hockey practices. It's very nice but I can't believe they don't have a big scoreboard above center ice.

so sorry i made you wince :lol:

I always have to wince when I see the words "fight" and "awesome" in the same sentence. ???

Funny. I usually wince when I scroll down and see DaveK in the upper left hand of my computer screen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Dean Blais was on the radio today saying that he has never coached a team that has progressed as well as his Fargo Force team has this year. He said that included his time as head coach and assistant coach at UND...that's kind of saying a lot. The Force won all 3 games this weekend, including an 8-0 win over Des Moines yesterday. Des Moines has 4 Sioux recruits, 2 Gopher recruits and a number of other top end talent. The Force are slowing becoming a Force.

• 2 weeks later...

tDon and Motzko were at the UP Center last night watching the Force and their recruits. I also believe that an assistant coach from Mankato was there as well.

FARGO

Josh Birkholtz - Minnesota

Nate Condon - Minnesota

Grant Scott - Minnesota

Mike Lee - St. Cloud

Matt Leitner - Mankato (did not play)

Corey Leivermann - Mankato

SIOUX CITY

Seth Helgeson - Minnesota

The Force are hot right now and have clinched a playoff spot. They are currently in 2nd place in the West, 2 points ahead of Omaha with 6 games remaining, and if I was any other team in playoffs this year I would not want to run into them. Dean has them playing well and they may do well in the playoffs this year - a pretty big acheivement for a first year team in the league!

Last night they had 2880. Over the course of the season they are 2nd in the league behind Lincoln, averaging 3309 per game. I would assume that this is tickets bought and not necessarily the number of butts in the seats - but I'm not sure.

USHL League Attendance

Anyone have the updated bison hoops attendance figures, now that their home season is over?

Anyone have the updated bison hoops attendance figures, now that their home season is over?

I had to do this the old fashioned manual way, by going to NDSU's website, clicking on each home game to see the stats and adding up the attendance myself. Here is what I came up with.

All 15 home games - average attendance was 3336.

Of those home games, 2 were exhibitions (vs. U of Mary and MSU-Moorhead). If you take those 2 games out of the equation, the average for the remaining 13 home games was 3596.

The Bison attendance will obviously go up next year with their success this year. I think the Force attendance will also increase next year with their success and improvements to the UP Center(Mainly the parking lot). This crazy economy may have a bearing on that though.

I had to do this the old fashioned manual way, by going to NDSU's website, clicking on each home game to see the stats and adding up the attendance myself. Here is what I came up with.

All 15 home games - average attendance was 3336.

Of those home games, 2 were exhibitions (vs. U of Mary and MSU-Moorhead). If you take those 2 games out of the equation, the average for the remaining 13 home games was 3596.

Nice work, but you could have clicked on this link to get the same number :glare:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SP...;ATCLID=3621683