SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 09 anyone?

Big A HG

I don't game a lot, but as always, there's no college hockey video game, so that may have something to do with it. Last night, mulling over my Brewers loss, I made a couple teams for NHL 09. UND and Minnesota. I took all present players each team has in the pros and put them on their respective teams. In game they have the NHL, AHL, about 6 or 7 Euro leagues plus world teams and whatnot. So, finding players wasn't too bad.

Here's a video I uploaded you can check out. Sioux have on retro 1987 uni's with the Blackhawks logo.

UND's first line is:

Toews centering Stafford and Parise

Commodore and Green

Jordan Parise in goal.

UM's first line is:

Vanek-Okposo-Kessel

Johnson-Ballard

Adam Hauser in goal

CLICK HERE

I plan on making all WCHA teams since it doesn't take too long. Not everyone has many players playing pros, so I am using AHL rosters for the other teams since the abilities fit in nicely.

That's friggin sweet.

Did you just customize uni's?

I play 08 a lot and I'm just finishing up my 2nd season in the franchise so I haven't gotten 09 yet.

I took the Wild and traded for Toews and Mueller.

On 2K7, I did a fantasy draft and drafted all UND and young players.

I don't game a lot, but as always, there's no college hockey video game, so that may have something to do with it. Last night, mulling over my Brewers loss, I made a couple teams for NHL 09. UND and Minnesota. I took all present players each team has in the pros and put them on their respective teams. In game they have the NHL, AHL, about 6 or 7 Euro leagues plus world teams and whatnot. So, finding players wasn't too bad.

Here's a video I uploaded you can check out. Sioux have on retro 1987 uni's with the Blackhawks logo.

UND's first line is:

Commodore and Green

Jordan Parise in goal.

UM's first line is:

Vanek-Okposo-Kessel

Johnson-Ballard

Adam Hauser in goal

CLICK HERE

I plan on making all WCHA teams since it doesn't take too long. Not everyone has many players playing pros, so I am using AHL rosters for the other teams since the abilities fit in nicely.

That is awesome!

So if I buy the regular game for ps2 I can customize to that degree? Or, do I have to by the PC version?

That is awesome!

So if I buy the regular game for ps2 I can customize to that degree? Or, do I have to by the PC version?

To answer some of the questions:

-Yes I just customized uni's. They give you a bunch of blank ones to choose from and can color them however you want. You get very detailed with what color everything should be. You can change every color accent on the goalie pads to changing the colors of every logo, straps, gloves, etc, including the NHL logos. Only the uniform choices and logos will limit your options. Also, they have a list of names you can choose from, so that's not always accurate either. However, you can change the abbreviation for the score to say UND or whatever.

-Oshie is not in the game technically. If you have a PS3, 360, or PC you can download roster updates which happen periodically. PS2 you can't, so you'd have to create him (which is an option). There is also a website where a person constantly updates every player, team, etc. and you can download that for PS3...not sure about a 360 or PC, and a definite no for PS2. I know he has added Oshie for sure and Chorney for sure. I haven't downloaded it yet so I can't verify its accuracy, but I think it gets a lot of downloads. He has a list of all the players added/changed and I saw Oshie and Chorney. I can't verify Kaip though. Guys like Porter and Lee are already included on the AHL squads which is nice.

-I'm not sure on the PS2 custom options. They might be the same or similar. You should be able to do the same thing to some degree. Assuming there is the AHL on PS2 as well, you should be able to have enough Sioux/Gopher players to make teams. Also, this is for PS3. You can upload videos straight from your PS3 to the internet.

To answer some of the questions:

-Yes I just customized uni's. They give you a bunch of blank ones to choose from and can color them however you want. You get very detailed with what color everything should be. You can change every color accent on the goalie pads to changing the colors of every logo, straps, gloves, etc, including the NHL logos. Only the uniform choices and logos will limit your options. Also, they have a list of names you can choose from, so that's not always accurate either. However, you can change the abbreviation for the score to say UND or whatever.

-Oshie is not in the game technically. If you have a PS3, 360, or PC you can download roster updates which happen periodically. PS2 you can't, so you'd have to create him (which is an option). There is also a website where a person constantly updates every player, team, etc. and you can download that for PS3...not sure about a 360 or PC, and a definite no for PS2. I know he has added Oshie for sure and Chorney for sure. I haven't downloaded it yet so I can't verify its accuracy, but I think it gets a lot of downloads. He has a list of all the players added/changed and I saw Oshie and Chorney. I can't verify Kaip though. Guys like Porter and Lee are already included on the AHL squads which is nice.

-I'm not sure on the PS2 custom options. They might be the same or similar. You should be able to do the same thing to some degree. Assuming there is the AHL on PS2 as well, you should be able to have enough Sioux/Gopher players to make teams. Also, this is for PS3. You can upload videos straight from your PS3 to the internet.

Sounds like I need a PS3 for these reasons and many others.

UND's first line is:

Commodore and Green

Jordan Parise in goal.

UM's first line is:

Vanek-Okposo-Kessel

Johnson-Ballard

Adam Hauser in goal

CLICK HERE

Very Cool! And I feel your pain when it comes to the Crew...and tonight they are stinking up the joint again.

I played this on xbox 360 against Mujack 3 weeks ago...he's got a Sioux team that is STACKED! Frickin awesome sweaters and he just downloaded Stand Up and Cheer, In Heaven there is No Beer and a couple other standards...only thing that couldn't be changed is the arena....Oh, and I beat him using the Classic Sega NHL 94 controls... :(

Well I was going to say only 360, but I just won 5 straight games on PS3 against 2 people who have PS3s.

Typical arrogant gopher fan :( I have it on the Wii, picking your spots is very easy on the Wii. I have only played 8-10 games. I might work on a gopher team this weekend. NHL2009 is a must have for hockey fans.

I played this on xbox 360 against Mujack 3 weeks ago...he's got a Sioux team that is STACKED! Frickin awesome sweaters and he just downloaded Stand Up and Cheer, In Heaven there is No Beer and a couple other standards...only thing that couldn't be changed is the arena....Oh, and I beat him using the Classic Sega NHL 94 controls... :(

Fight on sioux is the other song. Also you didn't beat me, I crushed you...

lots of ex gopher and sioux players in the AHL and european leagues....

I got panzer

porter

lundblom

Karl

Jpar

smaby

greene

Brady murray

and a bunch of others

Yea, I did the same thing with creating a UND team and a UM team and I just play against UM... I was surprised at how may former UND guys were acutally there...I had to cut a couple guys which was very painful. I ended up leaving Roche and Ryan Johnson off the team. I also couldn't find Bryan Lundbohm andywhere...anyone else know where he's hiding? I don't plan on creating other WCHA teams...maybe in the future, but not now. The hardest part was tracking down where the former Gophers are playing...I couldn't find an updated complete list to save my life. Is there another former Gopher goalie other than Hauser in the game anywhere? I guess Gopher fans just don't care as much about their former players as we do here :( ....(j/k)

Yea, I did the same thing with creating a UND team and a UM team and I just play against UM... I was surprised at how may former UND guys were acutally there...I had to cut a couple guys which was very painful. I ended up leaving Roche and Ryan Johnson off the team. I also couldn't find Bryan Lundbohm andywhere...anyone else know where he's hiding? I don't plan on creating other WCHA teams...maybe in the future, but not now. The hardest part was tracking down where the former Gophers are playing...I couldn't find an updated complete list to save my life. Is there another former Gopher goalie other than Hauser in the game anywhere? I guess Gopher fans just don't care as much about their former players as we do here :( ....(j/k)

I couldn't find a second goalie either. Knowing Hauser was the #1 choice I just took a goalie with a worse rating to back him up knowing Hauser would still start. You'll never even see the other goalie.